GT 72s Upgrade Panel

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Danishblunt, Apr 27, 2018.

1. senso

senso Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you mix the 1440p panel model number?

The one that I read more about is the B173qtn01.4

And the banding was talked in a couple posts/topics, and you can also watch this video:

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  2. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I see what you mean, dam wonder what other panel does 1440p @ 120hz. Also yes i put in the wrong screen it was the one you was talking about.

3. senso

Reputations:
    As far as I know, the 1.4 version of that panel should be the best 1440p available on the market till now.

On another note, my display and eDP cables have been shipped, hope the display arrives intact.

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  4. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Nice one and thanks for the info. Loosing my rag right now with my laptop right now. Starting to wonder why I go down the hard path when it comes to installing OS and sysprep I really do. So far 8 sysprep fails.

Will look at the specs of the 1.4 screen later if I can get my laptop working nicely.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

5. senso

Reputations:
    Dont get me wrong, what are you trying to achieve with sysprep?

At my last job we used it, so that after a warranty repair the client would be greeted by the Windows setup screen where they can put their user name and what not, but nothing besides that.

6. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    I used to be able to make my own one button press recovery where I have installed all my apps and tweaks, then sysprep'd it and captured the image. It just made it easier for me but it would seem Windows 10 1803 has had some changes. So it looks like I am going to just try booting into audit then running my script to see if I can fix the issue

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Edit: double posted I am not with it today.

7. senso

Reputations:
    Ohh, ok, I never created any image using it, hence my curiosity.

When I do clean installs I preffer to download all the latest drivers from intel, nvidia, killer, etc websites directly and then install them, some programs take a bit of time to setup, but I kinda enjoy doing so.

You could do an image with a dedicated imaging software, or a live boot pen with ubuntu and dd and then use that as your recovery image.

8. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @senso i have PM'd you so we can keep this thread on topic yet again i have managed to derail the thread LOOL

senso likes this.
  9. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @t456 Would the suggestion from senso about the QHD screen i am after which is 1440p @ 120hz 17.3" work well after getting the 40 -> 40 pin EDP connector?

I would be upgrading from a LG Philips LP173WF4-SPF1 (G-Sync system, but as i am running a different MXM card and upgrading to a GTX 1070 its not a worry for me).

10. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    The SPF1 is a 2-lane/30-pin, so the 4-lane/40-pin cable would be required. You might sell the old cable and lcd once everything's running as expected.