GSYNC causes light flickering/pulsing? - but reenabling fixes

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by sew333, Apr 22, 2020.

1. sew333

sew333 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi. I have 2080 Ti and 9700K and monitor AORUS AD27QD. So today first time i saw a light flickering/pulsing on grey walls in game Control when fps was 45-55fps and in Quake 2 RTX on 49fps.

I disabled GSYNC flickering gone,also i enabled again GSYNC and still gone ,fine. My question is is this normal that reenabling GSYNC helped? And why i had flickering on such fps?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Probably just a bug in the game or your GPU driver version. I have seen some games that have weird behavior with v-sync enabled as well. And, others that have weird behavior with v-sync disabled. That's just how things go sometimes in the world of computers. I doubt you have a hardware problem.

3. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    First your monitor is G-Sync 'Compatible' not real G-Sync. This means it's missing the physical G-Sync module and it's really just an adaptive sync/Free Sync monitor that Nvidia has found to work relatively well and meet most of their criteria to let the monitor manufacturer put the G-Sync branding on the box. What you're describing sounds like low frame rate compensation issues as you exit the adaptive sync range. Usually 48Hz/FPS. Keep your fps higher than this and the issue should be resolved.

4. sew333

sew333 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok thx. Why reenabling Gsync was fixing that flickering? :)