Gs75 vs rog zephyrus gx701

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Richard Bortz, Apr 6, 2019.

?

Gs75 vs gx701

1. Gs75

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Gx701

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. MattLangley

MattLangley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    *sigh* I'm guessing because I pointed out facts you provably got wrong you are now personally attacking me without even knowing me. You might consider that multiple times now I have responded with factual corrections to things you have gotten wrong. That might give you pause before assuming I'm not tech savvy. Whatever, again I don't believe in pissing contests, I have given factual information as well as my subjective opinion and I stand by all the data and references I posted.

You are wrong on many levels. For one I already linked reviews that benchmarked the 24 gb model. They outperform ones like the gs75 in 32GB full dual channels setup. It's not a problem... it's flex or asynchronous dual channel and supports dual channel up to 16gb in this case. Yes if you exceed that then it's a problem

Also no 3200mhz RAM (which I'm not sure why you keep saying this since I'm not aware of either model in the title offering 3200 and I haven't seen benchmarks comparing them) isn't guaranteed to give a performance boost over 2666. The timings also matter.

You have stated many provable wrong statements. Such as the gx701 not having gsync... which it does. That competitors don't have gsync... which they do. That the 24GB isn't dual channel... which it is (up to 16GB)... Now that gsync monitors have slow response times... which they often don't (the gx701 has a great response time and slightly better than the gs75 and better than the razer blade 15)... etc.

Quit taking jabs at me and educate yourself.

The benchmarks prove it from multiple sources. Argue with them, not me.

You really aren't into PC gaming and PC gaming tech are you? Dynamic refresh rate support like gsync is nothing new. It's been years in building and you seem to fundamentally misunderstand the concept of screen tearing. It's when the refresh rate of the monitor doesn't match the fps of your games, you get the "tearing" effect which is indeed noticeable, especially once you have variable refresh rate support and are used to not seeing it. It's a common feature (it or freesync) in many high end gaming monitors these days and has been for years. The fact you didn't know gsync was a display feature shows that you had no clue what it was before this conversation. Which is fine but don't pretend you're not ignorant on a subject and attack the person that knows it.

The gx701 has a better response time and contrast level than the gs75 screen, and gsync. You really don't even verify what you are talking about?

What are you talking about? Gsync is a widely supportedfeature on gaming monitors, along with freesync. It's been growing for years in the dessktop gaming world hence why it's now getting to laptop gaming. Just go to a store site like amazon and search for gsync or freesync and see how many monitors are sold these days with it. Most new gaming monitors support gsync or freesync (and may come out with variants of each). Dynamic refresh rates is a feature that is only growing. Not going anywhere.

I'm tired of correcting so much misinformation that you just have to do a google search for. I'm tired of giving you the benefit of the doubt and then getting attacked about my knowledge, when you don't know me and can certainly verify everything I said and stated as facts (not my subjective opinion) is in fact true.

These are all great laptops, gsync is just a feature... but many gamers won't buy a monitor without gsync (or freesync)... it's an important gaming feature to consider in the scheme of things.

Educate yourself, I'm done talking with you, have a nice day.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  2. ijozic

ijozic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    G-Sync (or adaptive sync) is of course a crucial gaming tech if you game on the internal screen and your FPS drops below the screen refresh rate (and maintaining 144+ FPS even at Full HD only is no joke in demanding games).

Thus, it's even more relevant for laptops which are thermally constrained so have weaker GPU's and have no upgrade options.

It's seems bizarre to present it as something irrelevant on a gaming laptop, IMHO.

But, the problem is that it can't run through the Intel GPU buffer, so you'd either have use a dedicated GPU only or use the old-school way with some multiplexer and then switch between the Intel and Nvidia GPU's by dedicated hardware (as Asus did) rather than with Nvidia Optimus.

With these thin and lights, the batteries are smaller and thus using a dedicated card is considered unacceptable.

Not sure why more manufacturers don't implement what Asus did, except perhaps extra cost in motherboard design plus extra fee to Nvidia.

I remember notebookcheck review had some issues with it on the GX531 (increased power usage with Optimus on), but I saw no reviews mention such issues on the GX701, so either it was some BIOS issue or some design flaw.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    MattLangley likes this.
  3. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ies-notebook-discussion-thread.827176/page-49

This shows one if the people that flashed their gs75 with the 90w vbios and rhe timesoy score.

I believe dozens maybe hundreds have theres never been any doubt that the 10 percent differwnce in vbios wattage is software

There is never any difference in hardware. Don't but a laptop based on believinf that ..vbios differwce is a performance difference dint worry about a benchmark

There is not only a 90 watt vbios which is retarded any 80watt laptop can run a 90w bios its just marketing
    But there ia nexr a 115 watt version.
    Then potentially even 150 watt

Plain and simple a zephyrus does not have any performance difference with a gs75 if they have rhe same vbios .
    If thr gs75 would run hotter it still wouldnt change enough to matter

4. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If you got suckered into buying a zephyrus or a Razer by the 10 percent software hype you didnt ask around no worries live and learn.
    This hardwarw is new so its not widespread but still well known.

Msi flashed with Razer vbios works multiple cases. Tong fang also. Others not sure some might not but I wouldn't assume

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  5. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Gsync may be frames per second
    I had it fir years on my aorus x5
    It was 2 3 4 fps in the right spot. Relative to much more important things it doesn't matter it may even force you to use a crappy panel . low on the weight scale for most people 100 percent especially since most if not all of these laptop is send gsync externally.
    Again its just. Markteting that nvidia disable gsybc to the internal monitor and makes manufactures pay them for the certificate

You can sure as hell add it later with a project to any laptop but why
    Different people like it when I got that aoruss ib the 965 era it was a must have
    Never will again

It's not really advertised on laptop pages it's a thing on the way out waninf in interest no question

6. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatortriton500

Heres an example so this laptop has g sync.
    But I don't even see it advertised. The consumer doesnt care most people it doesn't make the list of things exciting like metal fans lol

Gamers most gamers do not care it's not a big differwnce like a screen response rate that's big

I'm going to go as far as to say people don't want g sync literally they have bad experience with g sync only laptops like this one they dont want it so they literally fool them
    Buying a 3200 laptop and even caring whether it has g sync is cracked
    First it has gpu CPU screen. Then g sync internal screen could help its not worth the time

It would be a huge stretch to say I or anyone is reading the bizarre rambling you write about what you saw on a youtube video being scientific im not reading what you write abd I doubt anyone is
    You made some bad choices you coukd have asked
    Can the msi g75 be flashed with the zephyrus vbios and their performance be the same and someone who knew what they were talking avout would answer and you wouldnt be out 3200 thinking your laptop has 10 percent higher gpu scores.
    A youtube video could be a place to start but it means nothing
    But no one else needs to make that decision

That one open ram slot and 1 ssd dont matter if all you do is game sure

If all You do is game this is a weird choice in the first place get the a bigger one.
    But 1 percent all they do with the zephyrus is game.

Maybe you are that 1 percent theres a 1 percent chance. Maybe not even you are but it's too late now.

7. MattLangley

MattLangley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Apparently we're wrong. Gsync is a fluke and unimportant... no one cares. I guess we need to ignore the countless Desktop PC Gaming articles for years talking about how important Gsync/Freesync is, about our own experiences and that of countless gamers... we also need to ignore how widespready adaptive sync has become in countless gaming monitors. Apparently the entire world of PC gaming is wrong and stamar is right lol.

Ohh and all those gx701 reviews showing it faster than multiple other 2080 max qs are wrong. The thermals they post are wrong too of course. That they show a higher contrast, better black levels screen than the gs75 is wrong since apparently the panel is crap because of gsync, some hidden magical metrics are out their that stamar can only divine. Also reviews like some of the m17 with the 90w vbios by default and show thermal throttling (and inferior results to the gx701 or even some of the 80w versions) are all wrong too since it's impossible these laptops could perform differently due to thermal design or anything else.

I mean clearly we know nothing about gaming, we are here to be schooled. I mean I've been a Software Engineer in the gaming industry for over a decade, but nope I know nothing about gaming, you either.

For the love of god I cannot stand people who talk about what they don't know. Stamar, you didn't even know what gsync was until middle through this thread, you were completely surprised it was something in the display. You aren't fooling anyone. You may know a lot about a specific set of laptops and specs etc (though you got some basic laptop specs wrong early on in this thread that I pointed out), but you clearly don't know quite a bit about things like gsync, so just stop talking as if you do.

Can't believe I wasted more time replying. Shame on me, I should know better than to feed the troll.

8. vegetaeater

vegetaeater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Stamar comes across as completely braindead in this thread.

Obviously G-Sync is preferable. There is no denying this whatsoever.
    The issue, as has been clearly stated above, is that it means either giving up battery life, or forcing the consumer to understand switchable graphics modes.

Seeing as there are actual tech reviewers who missed switchable graphics modes in their reviews, I can understand why manufacturers are reluctant to add them to their machines.

Which is a real shame.