Great Deals on Lenovo Legion Y530

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by plainsight, Jul 1, 2018.

1. plainsight

plainsight Newbie

Reputations:
    Picked up a Legion Y530 since there are great sales going on right now with 4th of July coming up.

Picked up this laptop out the door with a 2 year on-site and accidental damage warranty for $1,147 before tax (used coupon SAVEMORE). What a steal for a entry level gaming laptop.

It has a i7-8750H, 16gb of ram, 15.6" 1080p IPS display (60hz), 1050ti, and a 128gb PCIe SSD + 1TB 5400 hard drive. My biggest gripe is the absence of thunderbolt for a possible eGPU setup but I can personally live with it.

I was surprised at the decent hardware specs in this coupled with the thin bezel and aethestics found only in much, much more expensive laptops.

I'm excited to give this a try and will report back on how it goes when I receive it. Most curious on the 1050ti's performance, coming from a 1070 from the GS65. I'm expecting low/medium settings to get 60fps on the same games, but that will be ok for portable gaming for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

huntnyc likes this.
  2. heraldo_jones

heraldo_jones Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looking at that exact model. Can you please share Cinebench numbers and temps with the stress test in HWinfo? Feel free to comment if it thermal throttles or have power throttling. All the best.

3. plainsight

plainsight Newbie

Reputations:
    Will do man. I'll report back temps after stress testing. I'm expecting to undervolt the CPU like I've had to do with the i7-8750H on the MSI GS65 and GS63. I like my max temps to be lower 80's. Have you seen Dave Lee's review of this laptop on YouTube?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. heraldo_jones

heraldo_jones Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks buddy. Yes , I watched his review, but very simple as it is a sample unit, same with laptopmedia unit which outperforms most other competitors :cool:

5. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about this laptop, huge improvement aesthetically , just wish you could configure it with a 1060Max Q.
    Would love to hear impressions and gaming results, it really is much better in my eyes than other entry level gaming laptops.

plainsight likes this.
  6. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @plainsight
    We’re waiting:huh:
    Joking.....but it’d would be nice to hear some impressions , last couple of Lenovo’s I’ve had the screens were decent but I’d call them average , decent colors but should have been brighter so I’m hoping they improved in this department

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018 at 3:44 AM
  7. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I’m curious on this machine. Many requests to cover this but I just can’t seem to see what’s so great about it for its price.

I like how it looks however!

I hope you love it OP :)

8. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  9. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: