Gravitar Passed Away

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Toughbook, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SINternet

SINternet Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Rough situation for a woman and 6 kids at this economic juncture. Hopefully they will be able to pull through quickly. I see many appreciative comments about Kevin and wished my first contact with him had been better or at least smoother (Ebay-wise) back in 07. I remember seeing a post where he traveled about 200 miles (one way) to help someone with their toughbook. If someone lived closer to them maybe they could help his wife move his inventory for a fair price that would benefit the Family.

I wish the family well during this time.

SIN

2. Mark40930

Mark40930 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's never easy to deal with the loss of a close friend, so I totally understand everyone's reaction. I may have just joined but my thoughts and prayers do go out to his family and I did ask the Lord to give them the strength to get them through this difficult time. My only regret is not knowing him as well as everyone here.

TB-thanks for the info on PayPal donations for the family...I should be able to send something later this week when payday rolls around.

3. coffey7

coffey7 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wish his family well. Sad news.

4. stiffnecked

stiffnecked Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I sent my donation. Time to bring this back to the top.

5. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I give my deepest sympathy and condolences to the family. He will be greatly missed here. I never met Kevin but he was always willing to help everyone here on the forums and probably in person as well. I always though of him as a great person that donated his time, parts and expertise to anyone that needed it.

I wish his family the best through these ruff times. It is never easy to loose someone that you love. I hope they pull through and make it ok.

-James

6. Outrigger

Outrigger SupaStar Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    wow, haven't stopped in here in a month or so and Grav is gone? I see his posts all the time helping out the folks on here. He will truely be missed. Although I haven't had any personal contact with him, I feel like I've gotten to know him as a person from just reading his posts. My deepest condolence to his wife and kids. I hope they will be able to pull through. He was truely a great all around guy.

7. marconi

marconi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It is sad indeed...He will be missed.
    He and I have traded many times and have always had a great respect for him.
    My deepest sympathy to his wife and kids.

I too, Have sent them something to help along.

8. Dssemulator

Dssemulator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So as of late I'm having motherboard issues so who do I PM for help just like so many times before?..... Why Gravitar of course, he has helped me in the past, no monetary gain, no nothing just willing to offer his advice.....Couldn't figure out why he didn't return my PM over the last few days then to my horror I come across this thread!
    All I can say is I am totally speechless, I have never met the man, talked to him only PM's but feel like I just lost a friend. His knowledge and generosity will not be replaced.
    Having lost my father at the age of 52, his family is facing a tough uphill climb and need all the support they can get. My condolences to Amanda, his kids and his family.
    Kevin was a great guy and will be missed but not forgotten, his posts here on this forum will help many for years to come....

9. GunHog

GunHog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Fair winds and following seas brother.
    I have felt the loss of shipmates and Marines too many times over the last five years. Even not knowing a man personally, the kinship is not diminished. He was, is and will always be a part of the whole. Gods speed brother. My deepest sympathy and prayers to the family.

10. sunrk

sunrk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Definitely not good news to hear about this. I know I'm all the way over in Ozzie-land so a bit helpless when it comes to physically lending a hand, but it's never pleasant when someone knowledgable and experienced in a subject is no longer around to share that with others.

My condolences to Kevin's family.

Craig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.