Graphics Card upgrade for M6800 ?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by derei, Jun 27, 2017.

1. DynamiteZerg

DynamiteZerg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are you sure you are asking this question in the right thread?

2. epsilon72

epsilon72 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes :)
    I have an M6800 and once tried the FirePro w7170m (from the Precision 7710) in it, but it had no control of the fan and temperatures would quickly get out of control. I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten hold of the Radeon Pro wx7100 (used in the Precision 7720 and now 7730) to see if it has the same problem as the w7170m.

I'm guessing it will still have the issue, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

3. sinnko

sinnko Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello.
    In my Dell Precision M6700 IPS RGB LED I put the video card of Nvidia Quadro М5000М, accordingly changed the file of видеодрайвера of INF. M5000M works steadily and quite. Would like to specify, will there be a map of Р5000 to work in this notebook and where it is possible to get technical model vbios that this map correctly worked in this notebook with IPS RGB LED by a display???

4. DynamiteZerg

DynamiteZerg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Someone in the forum has already got the P5000 working in his M6700, just not sure whether his display was the normal screen or the IPS screen.

If you go through the last few pages on this thread, you will see a discussion I had with @iieeann and he did mentioned who it was and also provided a copy of the vBIOS (which works for M6700 & M6800) which I used in the P5000 install in my M6800.