1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

GPU-Z doesn't like my 6990's

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Eldaren, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Eldaren

Eldaren Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Check this out.. Performance is where it should be but I just noticed this:
    [​IMG]

896 unified shaders? What gives?

2. Saltius

Saltius Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    896/4=224
    224x5=1120

1120sp actually.

3. Eldaren

Reputations:
    Wait.... why does it do that? I know that it has 1120 shaders but why won't it show?

4. MadRocker

MadRocker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Could be a bad driver or gpu-z not properly reading the hardware and you need to report is as a bug so gpu-z can fix it.
    Get someone with the same gpu to test and then check drivers if not the same.

OpenCL "Intel + AMD":
    You might want to install the intel opencl drivers Download Intel® OpenCL SDK - Intel® Software Network just for fun.
    Might have to install both the 32 and 64 win version of the intel driver.

Not sure if the direct compute is properly implemented in the driver so get the Getting Started with OpenCL?

Then get the nokia website webcl and webgl plugins for firefox 7/8 and have fun. This would give you close to 1000 score in firefox and peacekeeper test + make google maps run much better and give you the google maps beta webgl options + many more like it on other sites.
    WebCL

:D There is a quake in firefox demo for webgl. Quake 2 – WebGL | Play WebGL Game

5. Eldaren

Reputations:
    I'll check it out. First I'm going to update my bios and see if that fixes anything.