1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

GPU Observer Gadget for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Risco, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omarness

omarness Notebook Geek

Hi Guys, just a question about this gadget. Why does it cannot detect my GPU? (Nvidia GTX 460m). The Graphic adapter is blank not showing my video card. :( Is there something I need to do aside from installing this software?

Here is my screenshot of my gadget:
    [​IMG]

Kindly help. TIA.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

The last update of this gadget was May 12 of last year. Any GPU released after that date is not going to be supported.

3. Prydeless

Prydeless Stupid is

Yeah, that one is outdated. Try this GPU Meter Gadgets, although it doesn't seem to work in my case where the only option is my integrated GPU. Maybe it'll be Intel friendly.

4. dkillone

dkillone Notebook Evangelist

Actually, I just downloaded the gadget and it's reading my 460m fine, so must not be working for another reason. Maybe driver, hardware vid, or I dunno?

[​IMG]

5. omarness

omarness Notebook Geek

Ohh okay, i thought I did something wrong when installing it. Thanks guys for the inputs.

EDIT: @dkillone I don't know why the gadget doesn't read my GPU, although I've tried another software (CPUID Hardware Monitor Pro) which reads both the temperature of my CPU and GPU.

6. dkillone

dkillone Notebook Evangelist

I see you have a G73SW as well, weird it works for me and not you. However, I wouldn't sweat it, I prefer to use programs such as Hardware Monitor, so since it is reading in there, you should be fine. Just curious though, what driver are you on? I'm running the 275.27beta drivers.

7. omarness

omarness Notebook Geek

Hi man, the Nvidia drivers that I'm currently using is the latest found in their website, I believed it's the - 275.33.

Cheers,
    Omar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.