GPD Pocket - 7" Laptop

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by LTBonham, Feb 17, 2017.

1. republicofsam

republicofsam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm a huge fan of UMPC's, I've owned them all, even the PC110 (Yes, really). But I just don't get why when they have the GPD Win line, they market this towards gamers? The problem with these mini scaled laptops is they are so damn awkward to hold and use. I mean a Track point? How are you supposed to even hold the device while using that thing. They should have put it in the upper right corner like the PC110, or something like the Libretto. Being a fan of the WIN, I don't see the purpose of this thing. A IPhone Plus / Note 5 is going to more pocketable, easier to type on, and have a smaller experience. Then you have the Win which also features the same performance, smaller profile, and has a practical control layout. I would like to see someone use this without a discrete mouse practically. Again, not hating here, just disappointed in the layout.

2. goconfigure

goconfigure Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just bigger screen and more type friendly than the Win. Plus the build quality this time around is top-notch. The nib mouse is OK but I honestly dont use it that much because the touchscreen is so great. Plus the 8GBs of RAM makes this guy plow into Photoshop and Adobe CC. Ive had a ton of UMPCs but aside from a few they all just fell short. I love my Pocket and will probably sell my Win. Looking forward to the Pocket 2!

3. republicofsam

republicofsam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I will admit, I did overlook the build quality. The Chassis is top notch, along with the updated cooling internally should keep at X7 8750 ripping at full TDP limit.
    Are you at all interested in selling your WIN (assuming it's the 8750 based model)? I was actually going to buy one yesterday, but have been looking as the prices are literally all over the place.

4. goconfigure

goconfigure Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Right now my daughter is using it. Yes its the latest one. I will let you know when she gives it up. It can roblox like crazy :)