Google Stadia

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Mar 19, 2019.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Time to add Stadia to the Google Graveyard.

Question is, who is going to buy Google's streaming tech? Not Microsoft, NVIDIA, or Sony. Is there any chance Google will offer refunds or PC/Xbox/PlayStation codes to people who bought games on their platform when it ultimately does go under?

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    They are only shuttering the studio, not the platform itself. Though if it's losing a lot of money it's possible that might not be far behind medium term..

Aivxtla likes this.
  3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Don't want to be a downer, but the symptoms are there.
    And now that the news are out about it losing money, there is potential it will have even more trouble attracting people. Who wants to spend money if the platform has a strong potential to go under?

saturnotaku likes this.
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I was all for stadia but forcing you to buy or re-buy the games is a no go..I passed as did everyone else...however the geforce now in the end ended up being the best...I am getting very low input lag and for free can game on my ultrabook.

5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    stadia might be dead but we have ge force now and its nothing short of decent....almost no input lag and sharp with no hiccups and free....you guys check it out?

6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    NVIDIA's workaround of Apple's limitations by making GeForce Now a progressive web app was a stroke of brilliance. Now you can use the service on any iOS device, and it works beautifully. I hope Microsoft does the same thing with XCloud, which will be the final nail in Stadia's coffin.

JRE84 likes this.
  7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I had no expectations for geforce now but after trying it I bought an ultrabook lol....yeah not a super expensive one but I wanted to see what its like gaming on a ultrabook on the couch...and well I played a bit of witcher 3 and it looked good decent you know like 900p on a 1080p display....I was impressed but I think if they can figure out how to get it looking like 1080p I'd subscribe

8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

reason for these pictures is the fact iv'e not used GN in 6months and it looks as though they fixed resolution it now looks 1 to 1 with native and I think on payday i'm going to subscribe....un real...also while moving I did not see any pixelation or artifacts, I have no clue as how they accomplished this....and if you don't believe me which ones are geforce now and which pictures are native .

9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    with geforcenow which is better than a egpu i get 77fps average

[​IMG]

10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    also it looks like it supports epic games steam and uplay