Google Stadia

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Hence why I don't really play games on console these days (well, since the Xbox 360 days as a kid at least).

He probably knows because Google has a history is fudging their release notes like this. Also, Stadia's past up to this point of releasing half-baked stuff.

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Do you honestly see problems with current Console upscaled 4k games such that you are forced to not play them? Which games, specifically, on which Console?

As far as I have seen the bit peeping comparisons have shown little differences even under magnification. Those Console upscaling and sharpening measures have had many years to be optimized and improved.

Native 4k looks marginally better for a much higher load on GPU and CPU resources.

DLSS in it's 1.0 blurry faze was obnoxious, but now in the latest - soon to come - 2.0 version looks much closer to 4k, at least in demo's. We won't know until the new DLSS and games release.

4k Native is very GPU intensive and it's not something that can even be done on PC's @ 60+/30+ FPS without $1000+ 2080ti's.

Do you have a 2080ti, $1000 or $1500? What are you using for 4k and how many FPS are you getting on native 4k?

For $9.99/mo for Stadia, I don't think having some games upscaled to 4k is egregious - especially since it's up to the developers not a limitation in Stadia.

Do your research and don't buy games that aren't native 4k if it bothers you. If there aren't enough native 4k games on Stadia, then you can wait and subscribe to Stadia later when you are ready.

No one is forcing you to continually complain about Stadia, that's you're decision.

For now you can spend your time more productively praising 4k on Nvidia's Geforce Now service... oh, right...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    No, I don't, please enlighten us, what history of Google fudging their release notes "like this"? Like what specifically? What has google fudged in their release notes? Links?

Google Stadia provides 4k service for games that implement 4k - whether the game upscales or runs native. That's not fudging, that's accurately stating the state of Stadia offering 4k.

Google didn't consider Stadia a "Beta", and that is because Stadia was under a closed Beta before release. Just because Stadia is a growing service providing new features, games, and functionality doesn't mean it's a "Beta".

Software and hardware is always evolving and new features and performance will come with any service over time, if they want to grow and offer more value to their customers.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  4. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    No, I just don't play consoles anymore since I don't play games that much anymore period and those that I do are mainly PCMR versions. Only thing I have left that's newer would be when I bought a PS4 purely to play Ace Combat 7 on it (knew it was 1080p-only going in, and the PS4 pre-order had things I wanted vs the PC pre-order).

-------

As for the lying and over-promising, I could re-reference the posts from myself or saturnotaku over the last... dozen pages or so here? But TLDR aside from the 1080p/4K upscaling, there's the device compatibility issues, lag and jitter issues wrt input, late release of the premium option for pre-orders and thus breaking some promises like first dips on usernames (silly feature but meh, people paid for it), and a lot of the other promises made during GDC 2019 that were missed (such as integration with Youtube and Assistant).

The lack of GDC 2019 features at launch, and for quite a while after that, pretty much reminds me of other botched releases like the Sega Saturn. Figured companies would learn from stuff like that.

-------

It's true that nobody's forcing me to post here, but it's fun dunking on over-promising tech that can't/won't deliver.

saturnotaku and Prototime like this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    You aren't saying anything new, and it's now done to repeating what's been already posted and isn't helping anyone. It's just trolling to be annoying, and that's why it's fun to you, right?

You are annoying people that are trying to enjoy sharing new technology and are interested in enjoying it, while you have no interest in any of it yourself.

So you are simply enjoying ruining the fun of others, right? Commenting not to inform, but to disrupt the fun of others. That's trolling. Please stop.

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Well, if what I'm doing is against the rules, just for simply adding comments to a thread and not necessarily being a fan of whatever tech it's talking about, not only should I be reported now for here, but for pretty much each and every time I've ever said anything negative in off-topic or WNBSIB or whatever. I mean I suppose I could reflect the comment back at you and your threads of nothing but spamming links and summaries, but I won't.

Prototime, saturnotaku and killkenny1 like this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    You know you are doing something wrong. It's up to you to stop yourself. We can only point it out to you when it annoys us.

4k hardware support is 4k hardware support, that's Stadia.

The games are something else, complain to the developers for not putting out 4k native and instead upscale to deliver 4k.

You knew that, or if you didn't know that before coming to the thread, the times I've pointed it out before should have been enough for you by now.

GFN only has 1080p after what, 7 years? Stadia is bringing out new technology and spending the resources to keep improving, yet all you can do is complain? Why? What is your problem, seriously, what is your problem?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Hey, if I'm actually breaking any NBR rules, the report button is right there. Mods are still active here last time I checked.

Anyway, enough with being silly about my comments because you don't like them, please. Especially considering you know what my opinions are about cloud gaming in general, be it Stadia or GFN or whatever (ie, get a proper gaming computer/console if you want performance)

Prototime, saturnotaku and killkenny1 like this.
  9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Pretty hilarious considering how you've been warned by the admins (more than once, I might add) for doing the exact same thing.

BTW, if you want to make this forum your own personal echo chamber, feel free to avail yourself of the ignore list.

Prototime and yrekabakery like this.
  10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-are-so-few-games-on-google-stadia-2020-2

Money (or rather, the lackthereof) quotes:

I'm guessing the sales pitch was something along the lines of, "We're Google, that's all the incentive you need."

hmscott likes this.