Google Stadia

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Spartan, Mar 19, 2019.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah you just have to be positive in this very negative world

saturnotaku It really is 10 tf but does it utilize this....short answer no not yet....stadia will no doubt be great in a few years time but they will have to make some major tweaks. buying a 90 dollar game that works with stadia only will have to change or they will simply put lose money

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2020
    hmscott likes this.
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Here's the issue with that though: knowing that it's not good now (so ignoring the blissfully ignorant), how much money are you going to spend on the platform during those "flawed" years? Was there a better use of said money you could think of?

saturnotaku likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it's over for me as geforce now is superior. I will be investing 0 into stadia

hmscott likes this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Stadia could always change their model, as could GFN - as they already have - and GFN hasn't made any progress in many years - they only released due to Stadia coming out along with other interested Cloud providers.

Although I agree that using existing PC games providers - using games we already own and keeping those as our purchasing nexus is easiest for us, it's not a profitable model to support an expanding "costly" infrastructure service.

There will likely be a number of changes over the next few years as each interested party - game developers, distributors / platforms / cloud companies / GPU makers(?!?) get their piece of the pie.

Nvidia can't start making $100m investments in services that don't return a profit, at least not indefinitely.

As they each learn how to monetize, and each fight to gain content - and lose it - the tote board can change dramatically quickly, as it just has with with Nvidia losing Activision / Blizzard.

Losing many of their most played good games by losing Activision / Blizzard lost a lot of content that people were relying on - check the GFN forums, and that can kill an otherwise good service quickly.

It's not over for quite a while. I have no vested interest, but I am going to spend fresh new time on the newest technology offerings over the services that have been out for years.

Any one or all of them can persist if they find their niche and a way to fund it long term.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    JRE84 likes this.
  5. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    "I have no vested interest"

This whole thread..? :)

JRE84 likes this.
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Google Stadia has announced they intend to offer 120 games in 2020, and some of those titles are starting to show up, this list came out early and looks like it will continue to be maintained.

So far there are 49 titles either on Stadia now or coming in 2020 - updated 2/21/20:

All the games on Google Stadia (Update: Spitlings)
    Now in a handy dandy searchable table!

Jules Wang, Feb 21, 2020
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/02/21/stadia-game-list/

"Google's cloud gaming service, Stadia, begins trialing on November 19 — you'll need to buy a $130 Founder's Edition kit to get access — and is expected to expand to the general audience sometime in 2020.

So far, 30 games have been announced for the early roster and we expect more of them to pop up as we go along this year. It can be a little hard to keep track of things, so we've got you covered with a handy list of all the titles that have been announced for Stadia.

Much like any other console or platform, Google requires players on its free tier, Stadia Base, to buy all of their games. At $10 per month, Stadia Pro grants subscribers access to the occasional free game as well as discounts to many other titles, so keep that in mind.

You may also expect publisher subscriptions like Ubisoft's Uplay+ to work with Stadia after its official launch. You can learn more about Stadia through our story here and keep track of ongoing developments with the platform at large here.

We'll be updating the following list as needed, so you might want to append a bookmark to this page to track the progress. Here are all the current and upcoming games on Stadia. Last updated February 21, 2020.

Google Stadia games list
    ...see the article for the table of games...

New games coming to Stadia!
    https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/New-games-coming-to-Stadia/ba-p/15052
    StadiaBlog-FiveNewGames-2020.02.13.jpg
    Interview with the creators of Spitlings, arriving First on Stadia
    https://community.stadia.com/t5/Sta...ors-of-Spitlings-arriving-First-on/ba-p/15805

Dig into new adventures with SteamWorld, coming soon to Stadia
    https://community.stadia.com/t5/Sta...h-SteamWorld-coming-soon-to-Stadia/ba-p/15637

What happens after my 3 free months of Stadia Pro are up? *FAQ*
    https://community.stadia.com/t5/Sta...3-free-months-of-Stadia-Pro-are-up/ba-p/15574

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020 at 3:00 AM
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Even if it's not native 4k - upscaled and native 4k will look better than 1080p.

As Stadia brings on more developers - the developers will learn how to optimize for 4k native more and more, and as Stadia continues to build out it's infrastructure and improve the technology the quality of image and streaming should continue to get better and better.

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    I think I'd rather have real 4K if I'm being told that I'm getting 4K. Not only due to the false advertising, but also because native 4K looks a lot better than just duplicating pixels from 1080p to fill the space.

Prototime and killkenny1 like this.
  9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I LOL'ed at this comment from the above community update post:

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 1.20.39 PM.png

hmscott and killkenny1 like this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    Scaling of various kinds has been true for the Console "4k" for years already.

RTX DLSS is doing the same thing, "it just works", like it or lump it. ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020 at 8:05 PM