Good FPS Game

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by happysquidman, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanfan

fanfan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    if you're looking for some good gameplay experience over good graphics, wolfenstein : enemy territory is your choice[8D]
    it's free and just allow online gameplay (no single player with stupid AI)
    just go to any of the big servers (with like, 60 people at all time) and it's really funny to play with so many people
    in the game you have 2 teams and each team have an objective to do (get some gold/documents, dynamiting a transmitter etc) in each round of the game
    requirements are low and it's free, but the game play experience is the best i'd say[:D][:D][:D]

2. rfortson

rfortson Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Since no one else mentioned it, I'll say "Call of Duty" (along with the expansion pack). I like it better than Battlefield 1942, but I think the game play in both are aimed at slightly different audiences. BF 1942 plays like an online game, even when you're playing by yourself. CoD in single-player mode is more like you leading a team (the action revolves around you a little more). Of course, on-line play is very similar to other online FPS. It's all in what you're looking for.

I find that I go back to CoD a lot. I never really got into all the Half Life games, too impatient I guess.

Russ

HP ZV5000z
    Athlon 64 3000+
    768mb RAM
    60gb 4200rpm HD
    nVidia G0 440 64mb
    DVD-RW/CD-RW
    1394, 5-in-1 card reader
    15.4" wide screen
    802.11 b/g w/Speedbooster

3. HAZ2005

HAZ2005 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    DOD,TFC, HALF LIFE AND THE BEST COUNTER STRIKE!!!

4. gecko

gecko Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Gotta agree here. HL, TFC, and DOD. The almost classics.

5. neaL_

neaL_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    BATTLEFIELD 2!!.. d/l the demo, head over to a 64 person server, and you'll see what i mean

6. mtrivs

mtrivs Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Cod, Hl2, Css, Sofii, Rainbow6: Raven Shield, Etc... :)

7. lowlymarine

lowlymarine Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    To second whoever said Elite Force II, yes, both Elite Force games were terrific. I've played them both at least twice.

Another game worth mentioning is Area 51 (fairly new, but only $30). I just finished the demo, and I had a blast. It doesn't have near the jaw-dropping graphics as DooM 3 or Half-Life 2, but it's a lot easier on the ol' GPU. Plus it's a fun break from all of the games that take themselves way too seriously. For instance, in the demo you get to battle your way through the studios where they faked the moon landings, complete with hokey gags and cheaply built sets. :p

8. Pereira

Pereira Newbie

Reputations:
    You'll allways have the beautifull Counter-Strike =) it's awesome =) (well... the source one ~...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.