GOM Player

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Shel, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shel

Shel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In case anyone missed this program in the FREE WINDOWS PROGRAMS thread, this program is really excellent!

It offers a plethora of options, uses very little computer resources, and is just an excellent program for viewing videos! Oh, and it's also free!

Just noticed, for example, that while watching a movie on DivX, my laptop would go into screensaver mode ten, fifteen minutes after starting to watch a movie. I'd have to either jiggle my mouse every ten, fifteen minutes, or exit the movie, go to my desktop, and turn off screensaver, then remember to turn it back on once the movie was over.

With GOM Player, no such problems! It's smart enough (apparently) to disable my screensaver while running. (Frankly, I'm surprised other video programs don't do this as well)

Go into preferences, and there is a (long) list of video types, where you can choose which types will open automatically with GOM, and which won't! Very easy to select and/or change video associations.

ALL of my (HP) laptop's remote control functions work with GOM Player, while with DivX and other video programs, only the volume would work (other then the program which came with the laptop, which I seldom use)

I felt that GOM Player worth my creating a separate thread, and letting other people know about it!

If you haven't tried GOM Player, download it and check it out!

www.gomplayer.com

2. NickAz

NickAz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree 100%

Widows MP11 started crashing on me a few weeks ago when trying to play clips and I had to reboot to get it to work again.

Now I don't even bother with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.