Gobi Enabled WWAN and GPS

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by kingstu, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I thought that the sled from a cf-30 was the exact same as a cf-29?

If so then that is why the cf-29 will be supported. You could just by the gobi sled for the cf-30 and pop it in the cf-29 right?

I was and still am under the impression that they have the same connectors on the sled and are interchangeable.

-James

2. manikhispanik

manikhispanik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    alright guys sorry busy week...ok so..Gobi...the final skinny...for now Gobi is availbe for the CF-30 beginning last week. This just hit the market and Pana is the first to crack at it, Dell and Hp will fallow shortly, Dell is about to launch a Gobi campaign to counter attack (finally) the Toughbook series of Pana. theirs is the same concept, mag allow case, shockers, heaters and such, their series is going to be the XPS somthing or another and is avaible in 2 color casings. Dell is off to a good start BUT hasent been able to as of yet conqure all that Toughbook has. For every upgrade on the XPS to making is fully rugged and as close to a Toughbook as possible their are other hardware sacrifices you must make. They have yet to do what pana has and offer all in one packages. Ne ways on to Gobi. Pana does not have access to individual sledding at this time. To be able todo this swap of sleds you will have to go through a reseller. The major resellers also have yet to recieve any access to the swappable sleds but they will be availble soon. Like towards the end of the year and crack of '09 which is just a few months away. Price = $500.00. Give or take. For now Pana and Dell are just trying to concentrate on their new products as they launch this Gobi campain and keeping their fingers crossed with it and that Vista doesnt hate it. (seeing as how vista hates anything wireless). They have takin Gobi to the prom, popped the cherry, but are still waiting waiting on that second time. As more details become avaible, because I love my CF-29 as do all of you, i will be updating this as much as possible.