GL702VI with GTX1080 is out. Anyone?

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by PredatoR_TR, Oct 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PredatoR_TR

PredatoR_TR Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am quite surprised that no one has ever talked about this laptop anywhere at any forum before. It is out now and some people already got it at their hands.

What do you think about this model? Has anyone ordered it?

Hope we get a review soon.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL702VI/

hmscott likes this.
  2. Ravern87

Ravern87 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its actually a really badass looking laptop. Nice to finally see asus release a laptop with a full gtx 1080 thats actually black. Seems like all their big gpu laptops are always that dull grey color. Too bad it doesnt come with an unlocked processor.

hmscott likes this.
  3. PredatoR_TR

Reputations:
    Well so far for my G701VIK, I have never used extreme mod or haven't unlock the overlock option at Throttlestop(if it is the place whe single CPU goes till 4.30)

I haven't played yet very demanding games. Only Hitman 2016 and Far Cry Primal. I also use Vysnc so that I can lock FPS to 120 and it definitely works more silent like that.

I used GL702VM for a short time and for GL702VI I can say that I don't like the keyboard. Movement buttons should be a bit further like GL703 models.

IKAS V and hmscott like this.
  4. SMOKE_SKULL

SMOKE_SKULL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That ROG Gaming center software looks nice. I wonder if it will work with other models Asus ROG laptops?

5. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    How is fan noise when gaming? Temps?
    Been going between getting a bigger full GTX 1080 laptop or something thinner with 1080 MQ.
    I realize getting something like the Zephyrus or the GL702VI are totally opposite and both have there pluses and minuses but if the GL702VI runs quiet like the Zephyrus I might go with that...
    Any chance you do a review?

6. PredatoR_TR

Reputations:
    No idea how GL702VI is. It is like a laptop which is ignored by all notebook users and also review webpages. No info, no video, nothing :)

If you ask regarding G701VIK, well, I kinda managed to use it silent with fps lock. However, I hate the speakers. It is even worse than my very old Clevo. Speakers are sizzling, creates a total dissatisfaction.

7. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    My bad!
    I thought you had this model.
    I've been looking for reviews too but they either don't exist or this laptop is to new for anyone to test yet.

PredatoR_TR likes this.
  8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    So it's the fastest 1080 laptop out there according to the reviews that do exist, but the speakers weren't to your liking? All laptop speakers aren't to my liking, but I still keep them :)

Get external speakers or headphones, and enjoy the high performance laptop, laptops aren't physically adept at hosting speakers there isn't enough physical volume to make good sound.

That's like selling a Ferrari because you don't like the carpet :)

PredatoR_TR likes this.
  9. PredatoR_TR

Reputations:
    I am comparing it with my G750JZ. They do not need to discover America again, they can use same design and same stuff with the speakers. That is what I ask only :)

hmscott likes this.
  10. BeastOG

BeastOG Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm kind of interested in seeing the battery life on it since it has a fairly large one.

hmscott likes this.