***Giveaway Corsair H100i V2 liquid cooler***

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by FaTT, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well I just acquired another PC and it has a corsair H100i v2 cooler that I am going to replace it with ekwb water blocks on the i5-6600k and the gtx 1080 it has so ill send it as soon as I build my kit if you would like to be considered for this item leave a comment below on why you need it and what system your planning on using it on and I only have the intel brackets because I got this item on a trade you must pay shipping idc where
    this is the specs on the tower I just acquired

I5-6600k
    Asus Z170-a
    32gb gskill ripjaws 3000 MHz
    Msi gtx 1070 gaming X 8g (replacing this with a 1080)

t456, Danishblunt and KY_BULLET like this.
  2. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I could use it for sure.

I have a MSI Codex XE with the i7-8700k and GTX 1080ti.

Just bought it 2 weeks ago and started updating the cooling last week. As of right now, I have the EVGA single fan closed loop on the CPU. It's a lot better than being on Air but isn't near where a dual fan set up could get me. So, I was planning on moving it to the GPU (Whenever I get around to buying the Krakin GPU mounting kit) and buy a dual fan set up like the one your offering up for the CPU.

I think this is a great thing your doing too. I seen earlier in the week where you gave Danish your 780ti. :cool:....+++REP

Charlie

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'll mod the crap out of the card :p
    Also it was a 760ti! Still, it's more than enough for my sister, since the old monitor I used was a 1440x900, so that thing will easily run GTA 5 etc. She will enjoy it a lot I think !

I think the H100 will suit someone with lots of OC potential the most. So I highly recommend writing down which board you have!

Guys with not only a decent CPU like yours are important, but they also need a good OC board to make the most out of it :)

KY_BULLET likes this.
  4. KY_BULLET

Reputations:

Yep 760ti my bad

5. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hey Charlie just so you know don't LC the 1080ti unless your already experiencing thermal problems, from what I researched you will hit the voltage limit way before you have any thermal problems so with that ekwb kit I'm only getting it for the CPU, after reading what I read its just a waste of time effort and money the one I got stays plenty cool under the highest I could get it stable so just piece of advise before you go through all the hastle to find no gain

6. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up. That makes sense because I'm only getting mid 60's while doing fire strike. What really needs to happen is someone figure out how to mod the VBIOS to allow more voltage through.

7. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    People tried, but pascal has some kind of SMC Chip inside that regulates it anyways. Even if you overvolt your card, it won't help much in any way.

This is NVIDIAS response to people who didn't accept their crappy BIOS and fixed it. If pascal wasn't so garbage in terms of restriction, people would easily get volta performance on pascal cards, that would require NVIDIA to actually develop a new architecture and we can't have that :'D

KY_BULLET likes this.
  8. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yeah that's what I was going to say on this series of gpus its not a bios limiter its soildered on the board, so you would have to replace it or make some sort of jumper either way too expensive of a gamble at this point

KY_BULLET likes this.
  9. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    1080ti is a powerful GPU but I wish they wouldn't have crippled it to the point to where you have to make hardware mods to unlock the power to the full potential. All other series were crippled but at least could be manipulated by software mods.

Anyway, I could really use that cooler anyway if you want to pass it on. If I change it up later on, I will do the same thing you have done by passing it on to the next guy;)

10. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    for sure your def on the list I wont use the random selector until I can afford to get that ekwb hit, I get paid next Friday but a good chunck of that has to go towards bills but I get my bonus so well see what my check looks like it might not be until the one after

KY_BULLET likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.