Girlfriends...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    No, random kissing is very bad! That's why I told in that post to be very wary of body language & signals. Studying that matter can get quite useful in this field...

2. BigNerd

BigNerd Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would think either of those would get you un-friended equally. :D

3. KernalPanic

KernalPanic White Knight

Reputations:
    Well oddly enough, the women I know consider the behind slap to be "pig-ish" but honestly they expect that from every man.

Oddly enough, some LIKE it.
    I was suprised to hear this too... but some LIKE this kind of attention even that early. Some will even slap your backside back. Others will press charges...

I recommend against this kind of attention until you know how she will react and participate. :)

The kiss is considered much more personal and more meaningful and thus more insulting if you try it earlier.

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Ha! That reminded me. One time my wife bent over to pick something up and my dad came and smacked her on the butt. It was an embarrassment for everyone...

5. honda400ex2003

honda400ex2003 Guest

Reputations:
    this has been interesting so far, i read the updates when i get them on my email most of the time.

ive had some good luck with my lady friend lately, got her flowers for valentines day and got a valentine for the day

thats a step in the right direction for me, we talk on the weekends mainly and keep it low key with small talk and stuff. i havent seen her for 5 months so its nice to just chat at night.

i did a long distance relationship for about 3 years of my 4.5 years. it was tough for sure. the first year was her away at school only for college with me at home in hs still. the other 2 were with both of us apart at school 4 hours and then 6 hours away. that made it very hard to even make it back at the same time let alone make time to see each other. when she was home for the weekend she worked at the bar she waitressed at on friday and saturday night so i got to see her till 4 on saturday and for a bit on sunday before we had to go back.

we eventually drifted apart since we didnt really get to spend time together. she started partying alot and drinking more and more after she graduated from school and was working full time at the bar. it went from one drink once a week to one every couple of nights, to every night and then i had enough. i dont drink so it was a bit of a big deal for me, she didnt see any problem with her drinking and turned it on me for seeing her slip into a bad habit.

like stated before, if you can stay in touch somehow, it will work out good. the key is to make sure you dont just get in the rut and keep doing it for the sake of the comfort zone of having someone around. my relationship was exactly that, it was just easier to stay doing the same thing, calling and saying hi, how are you, love you, have a good day in the morning and good night.

i dont think she cheated, at least i hope not. its possible that she did while at school but doubtful until the last few months. i didnt, i have to much respect my significant other to do that.

we both changed, for good or bad, we did and became what we are today. ive learned a few things from it. i think the biggest thing i learned from not having someone for a year and a few months is not to take them for granted. i never did but it is an even bigger ideal now and i will make sure i stick to that along with the other ideas i feel are important in a relationship.

honestly- i knew it would never work out in the end. i just couldnt see myself with her and marrying her from the start. i know why for myself but its not a good reason. that will stay with me forever i think for the true reason. she was pretty in her own way but wasnt really my type of figure. yeah it sounds lame and cliche but what ya gonna do. she was short- good, a bit on the heavy side when we first started dating which was not any issue but still had an impression on me. i like a petite small woman mostly, she just didnt have the attitude that i liked and was not grateful for anything. she expected it most of the time. i will not let that happen to me any more.

ive taken the chivalrous approach to heart and will stick to that even more with anyone in the future. i have found out how much a simple rose or flower means and stuff like that. not that i didnt before but i will make sure that there is always a feeling of importance for my significant other.

as for advice- im still not really sure i can give any that is useful. maybe this:
    go very slow and try to let the woman come to you in the relationship. you can help it along by staying in touch and whatnot but any sort of pressure to stay in touch or do things will surely push them away.

i like the aim for the friend zone info posted, it may or may not work but it seems at least for me it has worked a bit. the feelings have to be there for more or the friend zone will just be the friend zone. if the feelings are there, then the friend zone is a good place to start the relationship to not get into it too deep too fast. it helps keep things going slower imo.

im really hoping that my relationship will progress into a bf/gf in the next few months. i pray that it will and have good faith that it will with how valentines day played out. it has been a new adventure, with texting but if it works out ill be pleased that i did what i did. if it doesnt, the time wasnt wasted. i have learned and will learn many things about how this new age stuff works out.

again sorry for my ramblings, just have to get it out there. maybe it will help someone somewhere someday.

steve

6. Kuu

Kuu That Quiet Person

Reputations:
    You know, now that I remember, I've had better luck with girls that have found me first, instead of me finding them. Saves a step since they already like me as is and wouldn't bother talking to me in the first place s:

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    This is for you Melody....

<param name="movie" value="http://myinstants.com/media/bt/genericInstant_event.swf" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="flashVars" value="color=ffcc33&sound=http://myinstants.com/media/sounds/01_giga-pudding-www_keepvid_com-01.mp3"><embed src="http://myinstants.com/media/bt/genericInstant_event.swf" flashVars="color=ffcc33&sound=http://myinstants.com/media/sounds/01_giga-pudding-www_keepvid_com-01.mp3" wmode="transparent" width='100' height="100"/>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  8. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Those buttons don't work with the Default Style vBulletin forum skin.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's working now. A bit strange since I even refreshed the page last time around...

9. Gearsguy

Gearsguy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Girls are full of lies. Theyll tell you they choose you, tell you that its over with their last relationship, theyll tell you they love you and take you out on the best date of your life, then end it the next day.

And this is not some sort of quote, this is facts. Become a priest, thats what Im doing

10. redrazor11

redrazor11 Formerly waterwizard11

Reputations:
    Advice on girlfriends:

Just find the girl that's been in your life the longest (no, not mom). She's probably not Megan Fox or heir to a billion dollar estate...but if she's been around for a few years, chances are she can tolerate anything you do.

Tolerance is one of the keys to a lasting relationship. Distance or not...and someone who's likely been under your nose the entire time is probably underrated on the inside, and won't just walk out on you after a short amount of time together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.