Girlfriends...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah indeed, you should always appreciate what you have : ) though i dont loathe her, i love her : ) and yeah its a pity to see marriges where the 2 involved hates each other... (a bit like al bundy :p)

sendt from my bling bling phone, using tapatalk

2. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    I met this girl from Italy last semester. We instantly got along great. We both wanted something serious, but we each thought the other didn't. So for the first few weeks we were seeing other people until we got in a fight one night and figured things out. Anyway, fast forward to last week and we got an apartment together. What I like about our relationship is that we are open and honest with each other. It feels great and is so refreshing. It can be trying at times, but in the end it is far better.

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I think if the end game is that you'll be together, then it can work. If when he's done with school they plan to move somewhere else together, it can work. But if it's like in my case, there's clearly no way to live together eventually, it's a lost cause.

4. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    Well, I can now tell you guys a piece of advice if you really wanna be her boyfriend :

The first thing you want to aim for is the friendzone. Yes, it may sound weird, but it's the truth. If you get to be amazing friends with her, it's a great sign. Get to know her, have no intention on dating, just to be friends. Then, you can start pushing things a bit. It may take from 3 days to 3 months or 3 years.

Remember, you, guys, have to make the first move. If you see a girl is into you but not by a lot, a good idea is getting her out on a date, and when saying good bye, instead of a predictable cheek kiss or a bye, just be quick and kiss her. And then say Bye and leave. She may ignore you for the following days a bit, but that's because she is uncertain. After a couple of days, ask her out on a friend group or so. When you leave, say you want to talk to her privately. Say good things about knowing her and such, and if you see that she's looking at your lips, go for it.

Just my piece if advice :p

EDIT : Forgot to say : always be wary of body language and signals. Only according to those you can make any moves...

5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I normally just ask "Your place or mine?" and that tells you all you need to know!

6. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    This is some pretty bad advice.

This first part is really bad because once a girl realizes you put her into the friend zone, she is going to go for someone else. At least any girl who is self-respecting. Also if you dilly dally, she will go for someone else.

The second part is really bad because that is acting like you are still in middle school. The girl is going to be like "what a weirdo." Not good.

7. niffcreature

niffcreature computer lesbian

Reputations:
    The only girl in my life right now is obsessed with making people happy but convinced that they are always pushing her away.

8. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    Well, it's pretty much an dvice not to follow by letter, but to take note. It worked with me, and I followed no advices or "guides"... Just my gut ;)

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Well that's more than can be said for most men who follow something else.

Sounds like my wife did. It was insecurity. She was so obsessed with making people happy, when they got close SHE was the one that ended up pushing them away. Had a hard time dealing with the fact that people can be genuinely nice and want to be friends than actually WANT something in return.

10. KernalPanic

KernalPanic White Knight

Reputations:
    Sounds like the 40-yr-old virgin plan.

Never aim for landing in "friend-zone". "Friends" is good and indeed the normal progression for any real relationship.

Random kissing is bad. I don't know a woman who won't signal up the wazoo when they want to be kissed. Kiss her before she signals and you lost friends, you lost even friend-zone. Most of the women I know would rather you slapped her on the backside than kiss her before it is time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.