Girlfriends...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
  2. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Damn i have been away from my GF for around a week now, and i can really feel that i miss her!! D: Like inside : / I guess i really like her...
    Ohh well, with that said, what is you guys opinion on long distance relationships (Not that i have one, ill only be away for 1 week and a half), do you think it can work? Have you tried it?

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Was seriously dating and engaged to a French girl a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I live in USA. She was here for an exchange program in college, and was supposed to stay here, but she got homesick and went back to live with her parents. We visited each other on and off, but in the end it just wouldn't work. Loved her like nothing else, but in the end I didn't want to live in France and she didn't want to live in USA. :cry: QQ I still think about how things would have been different if we ended up staying together. Of course I have kids from my marriage with my wife, so I don't regret that part of it. But you always wonder.

4. Kuu

Kuu That Quiet Person

Reputations:
    I kind of wonder what it would be like to go out with a foreigner...

5. The Happy Swede

Reputations:
    Yeah i understand that! Must have been hard as hell! I mean i actually prefer not thinking about her while im away, cuz that way im not all "oooOoOoohhh i wanna get back to her" And then im more in the mood to enjoy the stuff around me!

6. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Me too, American girls are horrible (I'm a born and raised American). Must be a culture thing.

7. KernalPanic

KernalPanic White Knight

Reputations:
    Long distance in my experience:

-Can you see her 2-3 times/year somehow?
    -Can you talk with her often? (phone/chat/mail/e-mail/etc)

If you can do the above, you can maintain it for a time, but its like "putting a bandage on it".

Sooner or later one of you will cheat... so be prepared.
    (50/50 whether its the guy or girl that cheats in my experience)

I've found most distance relationships you need to keep or downgrade to "dating" and not be "exclusive" or someone is getting hurt.

The good news is that whenever you can be together, you both will likely have a very good time. (distance making heart grow fonder... dunno... distance making bodies go nuts... OH YES!)

8. The Happy Swede

Reputations:
    Yeah, though even with those 2 things, i doubt i would be able to make it... Though i know some friends who have a long distance relationship, they ended up cheating and breaking up... Though im luckly only away from my GF for a week and a half :)

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    That's actually really good. While you should enjoy your time with her you should appreciate her when you're away. If you don't... get out. Unfortunately many marriages end up that way. You loathe time spent with your wife/husband, and enjoy your time away from them a lot more.

10. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    The success of a long distance relationship really depends on the 2 people in it. I've seen many fail, but I've also seen a few that are going strong even after a prolonged period of time (a friend of mine is still with his gf after doing 4 years of undergraduate degree away from home). It really comes down to the 2 people's needs and the amount of effort they're willing to put into it. Oh and the distance itself of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.