Gigabyte U2442 Line

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Prometheum5, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n1tr0

n1tr0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not for Gigabyte's implementation of the 730M. I believe they work ok for the 6xx series.

2. agronom413

agronom413 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, they are working properly for mine u2442f-cf2. Always using the latest nvidia drivers.

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    How are you liking your U2442F? I'm particularly interested in heat and noise.

I have a Samsung gamer 7 with a 675M right now and I'm interested in a lighter unit that can game. I know it won't perform as well and the display is not even in the same ballpark add sammys awesome display in the gamer, but it's half the price of the blade 14 and I would expect gaming performance to be adequate on a 650 at 1600x900.

4. hu1

hu1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looks like the U24F will be the direct successor to the u2442. Externally, it looks almost the exact same...

Assuming all dimensions are the same I'm wondering if we could swap in a haswell mobo into our u2442's? :cool: Now that would be sweet..

5. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It looks like the p34g is a much better buy...

6. n1tr0

n1tr0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanted to update. Gigabyte hasn't updated the drivers (and probably never will), but at least Nvidia's beta drivers now allow themselves to be installed with the 7xx M graphics cards.No more being stuck on the 3.07 or 3.11 drivers.

7. aex90832

aex90832 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've noticed that if you use SmartUpdate, you get quite a few driver updates for the U2442N that aren't even listed on the website, though they take forever to download from the servers. For the graphics, I've preferred to use the generic drivers from Intel and Nvidia. Also, I was able to use the the Windows 8.1 touchpad driver from the P34G without any problems.

8. agronom413

agronom413 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, display is not good enough as it could however I am not complaining. I don't feel something bad regarding heat however noise is probably a bit higher than a common laptop has. Anyway it has a dedicated video card. So I think it is the best option for those who need need a pretty portable and gaming laptop. Also, I could wait for this one instead if they informed about it a bit earlier: Dynamism - GIGABYTE P34G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.