Gigabyte U2442 Line

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Prometheum5, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinoka56

sinoka56 Newbie

Reputations:
    is the fan noise really annoying or not? is the ram upgradable to 16gb? :)

is the difference between gt220 and gtx640 LE high?

2. Brian S

Brian S Newbie

Reputations:
    All

I have applied the new BIOS F007, set my cooling to passive, and have the Smart Manager "Smart Cooling" active. But my fan still kicks in all the time. Am I missing something?

thanks

3. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone know where to buy a U2442F in the US right now? The only two etailers I could find have no stock and tell me mid-March at the earliest. Thanks.

4. phoduma

phoduma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    dont bother, just wait for new samsung ... this laptop is history

5. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    New Sammy is a 15.6er.
    Can it accommodate both an ssd and a hd? I think ram is capped at like 10gb too right? Finally, I'm not sold on an AMD mobile gpu as yet.

6. Brian S

Brian S Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm want to use my laptop with the lid always closed (external display,keyboard and mouse). So close lid is set to do nothing, and to sleep after 30 minutes plugged in. Now once in sleep mode I can't get it to wake without opening the lid and hitting the power button. In fact even with the lid open I have to hit the power button. I looked at device manager to un check "turn off usb hub", and to check keyboard and mouse "to allow this devide to wake computer" but the whole power management tab is missing from keyboard and mouse. So I check the BIOS but I can't find any kind of power management features dealing with "sleep, S1 vs S3" or "wake with USB" zilch. Is anyone getting this configuration to work so that you can wake form sleep using external keyboard or mouse?

7. rosege

rosege Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Was playing around with Linux and Windows 8 and deleted all partitions - then wanted to go back to Win 7 so emailed Gigabyte to find out if they provide a recovery ISO and got this reply:

If the partition has been changed, Please note that as we have provided Smart Recovery build in the laptop, we are sorry that we do not provide extra recovery CD or Windows ISO to the end user. We suggest you to contact with our service center in Australia to arrange further help.

Very unimpressed - will probably never buy Gigabyte again because of this.

I found an ISO for Windows home so have reinstalled but just think its very poor service to not provide a recovery cd/iso - seems to be going the way of Apple where they dont want you to be able to do much yourself and want you to go to a service centre for everything.

8. spicypixel

spicypixel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is industry standard practice. Admittedly though most companies will provide a tool to convert the backup partition to a set of DVDs though.

9. rosege

rosege Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well its been a while since I bought a new system (before this one) but previous experience with Dell you used to get recovery and driver disks. I would be fine with an option to make your own disks too - but dont understand why an iso cant be provided for download either.

10. spicypixel

spicypixel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Glad they've delayed the UK/USA launch to mid march.
    Gigabyte are bad at this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.