***Gigabyte P37X Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cormogram, Feb 2, 2015.

1. kEd

kEd Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone have any good instructions for removing a cracked screen?

I can't seen any retaining screws on the bezel and there's nowhere obvious to pop the bezel off the lid..

2. Bori82

Bori82 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys I need assistance with my new P37W V4 I got last week. The system came with a mechanical 1TB HD and I've been wanting to upgrade it to a SSD. I first purchased an msata SSD, cloned Windows 10 and tried to boot from it but the bios doesn't recognize it as a bootable drive. I then tried a new Kingston 240gb SSD 2.5" and went through the same process but the bios still doesn't read it. I tried to remove the old 1tb drive and replaced t with the SSD alone and the machine boots into bios without giving me an option to choose a drive.

Also, I created a USB backup before I began the process but the machine doesn't read the USB as a bootable USB either.

What am I doing wrong??

3. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Download EasyUEFI and add a new boot entry for the SSD.

4. 54918ss

54918ss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone got the v5 in 4K with 980m? Is it worth buying??

5. richiesuk

richiesuk Newbie

Reputations:
    hi all,

I ve bought a p37w v5 and I really like it except the left side fan is on all the time, around 2200rpm, and I cannot change it in the smart manager, at all..
    is it supposed to 'work' like that?

sent an email to gigabyte support and they said it is possibly HW failure...

how can I alter the speed with another SW?

thanks a lot,

Richard

6. richiesuk

richiesuk Newbie

Reputations:
    also all the 4 cores running over 3.2GHz constantly - nothing is running in the background.
    is it normal?

Richard

7. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No its not normal, make sure you are on the balanced power profile and not on max performance, that way the CPU can downclock when not needed.
    Your first problem seems to be related to your second one.

8. Jdpurvis

Jdpurvis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually, you may wish to read some of the Throttlestop thread under Hardware upgrades. Newer chips can appear to be running at high speed, even when they are not loaded. If temperature remains low, your CPU is not loaded. It may actually be better to use a power profile with 100% minimum and allow chip to control speed. UncleWebb explains it better.
    J

9. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got the laptop when it first came out and to this day, I wished I got the 1080p screen. I have yet to watch anything in 4k and playing games on it can be a pain sometimes.

What I mean by pain, is that I would have to configure the resolution or redo the games UI to make it bigger because the game didn't scale correctly. Even with Windows 10 scaling some programs boot up screen is too small. Plus I ever glasses so sometimes this game can be too small to read.

With that said, I new what I was getting myself into when I changed my mind from 1080p to 4k. The good thing is my desktop has been down since I did an EVGA step-up and traded in my 980 Ti hybrid SLI for 1080 FE sli and it has powered my Acer Predator 4k so beautifully. So I guess this is only time I have utilized it fully. Though that's probably due to the 980m.

So all in all, it can be a hassle if you have glasses and play games because you might have to do some tinkering. But, the picture quality is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. HiHoeMan

HiHoeMan Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anybody know where I can buy a replacement battery for the P37x v5? I have had to have it replaced once before by my insurance but they took the piss sorting it out so I am not going to replace it from them again. It first died and my laptop would only turn on when it was disconnected from the motherboard, got it replaced and it has done it again after a month.

Also, is anybody having problem with restarts/shutdowns? My restart won't always work, it will restart and then instead of the spinning wheel and loading it will stay at the Gigabyte screen. When it comes to shutdowns, it will get past the shutting down screen, go black, but then won't actually turn off until I hard reset it.