***Gigabyte P37X Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cormogram, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Gear332

Gear332 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is really the only thing on your list that doesn't disappoint me much. I don't think any panel manufacturer makes a 17" laptop display greater than 1080p yet, so there's not much Gigabyte can do about that. I'm not all that interested in anything greater than 1080p right now anyway since it's more taxing to the GPU. Maybe in a couple more years.

Edit: PS, I posted this in the other thread, but maybe this one is more appropriate.

HIDevolution has it available for pre-order on their site now. It says late February release. Hopefully this is just a placeholder or something, because the price for those specs is a little hard to justify. For $2000 it doesn't come with any mSata installed and only 8GB of ram. After adding a couple mSatas and upgrading to 16GB of ram, you're at the price of an X7 Pro.

http://www.hidevolution.com/gigabyte-p37x-s11-i7-4720hq-2-6ghz-8g-980m-8g-ram-1tb-hd-17-3.html

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  2. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

P37X looks great hopefully the extra size helps keep temps cooler and the fans are not crazy loud like the P35X.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Cormogram likes this.
  3. Cormogram

Cormogram Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes. It looks like the Aorus X7 Pro keyboard.

4. Cormogram

Cormogram Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I thought they would use M.2 instead of mSATA. :eek:

5. geniusfb

geniusfb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    37 should have better airflow than 35

6. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I truly hope so and hopefully doesn't sound like a jet taking off under full load.
    I can honestly say the loud fans are a huge turn off with the P35X and with the P37X I don't want it to be the same .( even though I think it might be becuase they are basically the same model )
    The P37X ticks off a lot of boxes:
    IPS screen
    Lots of storage options
    Looks great
    Most importantly has a 8GB GTX 980M .
    Hopefully the designers/engineers thought of a better solution for the cooling system, nothing crazy but I slightly bigger fan with bigger fins/blades would help keep levels to a more tolerable level .

7. epicninja

epicninja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It is $2000, unless gigabyte makes the 17 in cheaper than the 15 in, which at 2000, they are the same. In my opinion it's worth it, but it's really up to you if you want to spend that much. However, vs the x7 pro, sli isn't always supported, so the 37x will do better in a lot of games, and cpu in the x7 throttles at only 70 degrees, so you want be getting much out of that. Again, it's your decision though

8. Gear332

Gear332 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't have any problem spending $2000. I just think it should have 16gb of ram and at least one 128gb msata drive for that price. I think, ideally, the sweetspot for me would have been 2x256gb SSDs and 16gb of ram for $2400. You get 3x256gb ssd's (and a 970m instead of 980m, obviously) for $2500 with the GS70. It's between those 2 laptops for me right now.

9. 0utf0xZer0

0utf0xZer0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Now I'm curious as to why some people seem to think 13 inches is the limit. Do you ever worry about your laptop getting damaged by the reclining seats? That's another thing I've heard about airplane travel. Don't really have personal experience in the matter - I didn't own a laptop yet last time I was on a plane, money has been a bit tight due to school the last few years.

10. epicninja

epicninja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well... for 2400 before discounts on the 35x you got 16 gb ram and 2x128gb ssds, plus a 3k screen, so they may introduce something in that price range