Gigabyte P35X V7

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by sicily428, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope definitely haven't seen it anywhere. It's listed on the gigabyte page but yeah haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

2. inperfectdarkness

inperfectdarkness Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, odd. newegg's page for it shows "out of stock", but i could have sworn they had it for sale several months ago. the whole reason why i was seeing the v6 for 1800 was because the v7 was out.

3. rrusek

rrusek Newbie

Reputations:
    All they said it was a hardware limitation. I suspect it has something to do with the USB charging. Apparently it is a feature that the laptop can be used as a giant battery to charge usb devices when it is unplugged from the power and off.

4. rrusek

rrusek Newbie

Reputations:
    Bought mine from Newegg back in may. It has been out of stock ever since so I think they pulled it from the US market.

5. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I think some mfgs got around that by having only one port capable of charging like that. Weird.

6. vootone

vootone Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey can you help me?

I had the same issue, but I didnt send it away... I just opened it up, I got so irittaed by the noise I took the fan out... Then it started over heating, so I put the fan back in, now that I've put the fan back in it doesn't work.

You mentioned that you had to resit the plug so the fan would operate, where is that located? Maybe ive knocked it out or something.

Thanks

7. inperfectdarkness

Reputations:
    If you took out the fan altogether, I hope you didn't seriously damage anything with the overheating.

The plug I'm talking about is the power plug for the fan. You can't miss it, since it's pretty much the only thing that the fan plugs into. I thought I posted pics on here somewhere. I'd repost, but I don't remember if I have those pics or where I put them.

8. vootone

vootone Newbie

Reputations:
    Think I've stuffed it.. I took the fan out of the housing by removing the screws and physically taking the fan out. I've clicked it back in but now its not spinning.. haha!

Do you have any idea where I can buy the entire fan from?

9. inperfectdarkness

Reputations:
    If i knew that, I would have done it myself, rather than spending $100 shipping it back to Gigabyte's piss-poor factory service & enduring the bald-faced lies of their tech support.

There's a reason why I'm never buying Gigabyte again.

p.s.
    I've noticed I have blemishes on my screen now. Like marks that can't be cleaned off. Nothing I did on my end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.