***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

1. frysie

frysie Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    TIM? meh silly message to oshort stuff

RMXO likes this.
  2. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Have you tried submerging the laptop it in LN2? It might get that Haswell mobile chip down to 80 degrees :D

OT it will be interersting if the CPU will throttle during games and what impact it has on clockspeed and framerates.

3. Ningyo

Ningyo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you try undervolting? That can make a big difference.

Or Liquid Silver Pro (but one mess up using this and your computer is toast, do not use this unless you know exactly what you are doing.)

4. maxheap

maxheap caparison horus :)

Reputations:
    I am not seeing any throttling at FireStrike results, check the detailed results. They are pretty much in line with any other similar system with better cooling (if there was throttling we would see a bigger gap at the combined test compared to others).

RMXO and flamy like this.
  5. Kaozm

Kaozm Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  6. n=1

n=1 YEAH SCIENCE!

Reputations:
    If heatsink contact with the CPU die is lacking, Liquid Ultra won't do much good. Best bet is undervolting. Depending on how much you can undervolt, should be able to shave anywhere from 4-8C.

maxheap likes this.
  7. maxheap

maxheap caparison horus :)

Reputations:
    Btw Cakefish, can you open the back of the laptop and take pictures? It would really help me ease a bit. I am hoping for an upgraded cooling system (one more pipe maybe?) over v2. Thanks bro!

Kaozm likes this.
  8. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    I have Crysis 3 up and running. How would you like me to go about benchmarking it? ShadowPlay video? :)

Also: played about with resolution in-game. 1080p looks alright when scaled to 1620p. Looks just like 1080p native does at 17.3" to my eyes. Will test that more by looking at both my Clevo and my Gigabyte running side-by-side tomorrow, or the day after.

9. brrrbrack

brrrbrack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

No, but I once ran the notebook in 5C ambient temperature which helped :D

Most games shouldn't be affected by the CPU throttling to base clock, so don't worry!

10. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That is great to hear! I cannot stand buying a lower resolution just because I may want to game at less than native once and a while. Considering 90% of the time I will be working at the desktop I don’t want to limit myself to that. Also I plan to run the external display and internal at same resolution and I HATE having to change settings every time I go back and forth between games on one or the other. This makes it an ideal solution to play at higher resolutions than 1080 when I can.