***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ok, cool, that's better. So, with an 80mv undervolt and a repaste of the CPU & GPU you managed to knock off 4 degC off the GPU temperature (81 degC), and 10 degC off the CPU temperature (83 degC), and at the same time gain 26Mhz on the GPU to run at full boost of 1126Mhz, and also not get any thermal throttling of the CPU. That seems like a step in the right direction to me, you improved it!

I will say that Heaven Benchmark is not a test of the CPU at all, in fact it's less stringent on the CPU than almost any PC game, so I think you'd want to test out your CPU clock frequency & temperature behaviour over extended gaming sessions of say Crysis 3 or Metro Last Light or BF4 (all very CPU intensive). The same can be said for the GPU, but it's looking very promising for the GPU, I don't forsee any throttling with that, but I think you have some more testing to do to check the CPU for real world gaming in terms of temperatures & stable turbo boost speeds. Well done though, you've definitely improved things with the CPU & GPU re-pasting, although a lot of that effect was from the 80mv CPU undervolt, but you managed to take off a couple of degrees just by the repasting.

Next step if I was you would be to monitor stability of CPU & GPU frequencies as well as temperatures over extended gaming sessions of CPU & GPU intensive games (probably 60 - 80% CPU usage, plus near 100% GPU usage in these particular games): Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, BF4 would be really good tests for this purpose (1 hour gaming sessions say).

Cakefish, RMXO, Ningyo and 2 others like this.
  2. aShtk

aShtk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any light and effective cooling pad anyone would recommend ?
    The one recommended earlier is 1 kg, which is heavy in my opinion for someone who travels a lot.

3. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I believe someone posted a thermal photo of P35X earlier, probably under load.

Regards

4. aqnb

aqnb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think that one turned out to be with just integrated GPU. In later post he found out his Nvidia GPU was disabled, so I presume those low temperatures were just with iGPU.

5. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What did it cost to ship to the Netherlands?

6. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    I don't have a temp monitor sensor thing so can't accurately measure how hot it is.

7. Arthedes

Reputations:
    So, is there any other retailer in the EU that sells the P35X V3?

OCUK is selling the CF1 per last week.Costs 2370 euros without shipping
    Schenker will have a fully customizeable model, starting from somewhere in december, price not known yet
    Scan UK will sell the CF3 for 1750 pounds = 2230 euros

EDIT: xoticpc ships to europe, had the CF4 (=CF3 almost) listed at 2330 dorrah. Which is 1870 euros, why do we get shafted by tech prices all the time? This laptop costs almost 400 euros more in our so-called free market.

Any other retailers? Will BTO sell them for example?

dorj1234 likes this.
  8. maxheap

maxheap caparison horus :)

Reputations:
    RMXO and flamy like this.
  9. Arthedes

Reputations:
    @cakefish Have you tried installing a power draw application to monitor whether the 180W PSU is capable enough or needs an upgrade so the cpu and gpu wont power throttle?

10. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Scan UK also sell CF2 for 1600 Pounds, scheduled 17th November. OC UK have the same model for 14th at few pence difference.

Regards

Arthedes likes this.