***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

1. maxheap

maxheap caparison horus :)

Reputations:
    Nah I am pretty sure it will be just fine, I just couldn't take the epsilon risk :( And bank pulled off the "suspicious activity" on me today, so I cannot buy s*** atm without receiving my new debit card, you gotta love those banks..

2. brrrbrack

brrrbrack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

The CPU is hardcoded to throttle at 90C. Max temps you're gonna see on the P35W is 91/92C on the CPU. The GPU shouldn't exceed 85C under heady load.

Thank you cakefish for doing this review. Can you tell us something about noise levels during normal load (office/surfing, etc.)?

3. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    More FireStrike benchmarks added to 1st post.

Crysis 3, Metro Redux, Shadow Warrior, The Witcher 2, Tomb Raider, Total War Rome II etc.

I have lots :p

Depends on how easy it is. Will have to nose around the insides tomorrow, or the day after, to have a look!

4. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear that and hope things go well for you. Yeah, I've been there before last year one day before my Disneyland vacation, I got a call from BofA fraud protection asking me if I was in NY and I told them I'm still in CA and about to go on vacation. BofA allowed me to withdraw cash before they closed out my account.

5. Kaozm

Kaozm Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmm cpu 91c in HWmonitor.. I should help with some other thermal paste.. I reaaally want to see those heatpipes now! :D
    66c on the gpu is very good

6. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Damn. I for one wouldnt care if the CPU is 88C or 98C. The chips can handle 110C I beleive. Is there a way to get around this?

7. Freekers

Freekers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ordered mine as well, and yes I will replace the TIM of my heatsinks with Artic Silver 5.

8. Kaozm

Kaozm Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    And then you get 50% gaming preformance because of throtling.. temps are important.

n=1 likes this.
  9. maxheap

maxheap caparison horus :)

Reputations:
    Prolimatech PK-1 for CPU paste! I really love it, SlickDude80's advice :) (where is he btw? I didn't see him on the forum for ages)

@Cakefish: Bro, prop the back of the laptop / put a cooling pad under and temps will drop 5-10C I am pretty sure!

10. brrrbrack

brrrbrack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh I forgot, can you post temps of the CPU under normal load, cakefish? Appreciated!

@Arthedes: You can get around throttling with Throttle Stop, but CPU temps will go from 50C to +100C in minutes and will fry your system after a couple weeks/months.