***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

1. santimaster2000

santimaster2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, thermal pads have been replaced, fans have been cleaned, put some new mx4 on both CPU and GPU, everything is working fin....... How do I undervolt this thing (P35X V6) ?

2. Jdpurvis

Jdpurvis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think Throttlestop is the best and most reliable way to do it (Thanks, UncleWebb!). There is a forum devoted to the program. You can download the latest version from UncleWebb's signature. If your CPU is 7700HQ (I think it is), you may be able to undervolt by ~ 100 mv. You should undervolt CPU and cache by the same amount. Lots of folks on that forum can help with additional info, and there is also a manual there.
    Best,
    Joe

3. santimaster2000

Reputations:
    Mine has the 6700HQ.

4. bberry110

bberry110 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. Jdpurvis

Reputations:
    The 6700 HQ tolerates undervolting quite well. Mine was stable at - 150 mv - I subsequently backed off a little, to -140 mv to be conservative. I have seen quite a few others reporting stability in the same range. Makes a big difference when running under full load, e.g. processing a lot of digital pictures at the same time..
    Best,
    Joe

6. needmorstuff

needmorstuff Newbie

Reputations:
    p35x v3 power issues

my sons laptop stopped charging whilst we were on holiday, I assumed it to be a power brick issue. Upon returning form holiday i have tried no less than 7 different power supplies. It came with a delta ADP 180 MB H. I tried lots of other aftermarket ones and all but one had no effect on power at all.. one of them would apply power to the laptop and then power would go off..

so i thought i must need the exact model. So i contacted a supplier and asked for the adp 180 mb h, they sent me a adp 180 mb k.. I tried it and it doesnt work either.

I am now starting to think that it is the laptop itself that is at fault.

Does anyone have any experience with power faults on this or similar models?

7. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    maybe reach our call center and have engineer check if it was caused by
    the problem of charging IC

8. Damin

Damin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    this is just like the other Aorus .... nothing fixes the thermals the cooling is the hard limit i tried Conductonaut liquid metal thermal nothing helps

Attached Files:

9. santimaster2000

Reputations:
    So, I was watching this:

And I started wondering if I should try it, I have a P35X V6, the 1070 can easily push above 90 fps on 1080p, has anyone tried on this line of laptops (P35X) ?

10. Jdpurvis

Reputations:
    Most recent bios on web site is FB15/FD15 F00F, from 6/29/18 for my v5. I was told by Gigabyte support that provided at least some of the fixes. Bios for your machine may well be numbered differently and will differ due to hardware differences, so you should not use the v5 version. You might use Gigabyte's email to support and ask them. I did, and they responded.
    Best,
    Joe