***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

1. EvilTak

EvilTak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Simply overwrite the C:\Program FIles\GIGABYTE\SmartManagerV3 folder with the one in the .7z file, replacing all existing files.

2. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got it to work, and the max fan speed setting does seem to be working, which it doesnt on the newer versions. So it is an improvement at least. However, even when in 'eco mode', the fans are still spinning when idling on desktop doing nothing. Temp seems to be hovering around 40C still. It used to be silent until temps got above 60C. I could stream youtube and netflix without the fans spinning, which was nice because of the noise and also it seemed to help against dust.

In power options, my CPU cooling preferences are also set to passive instead of active.

Anyone know how to fix the fan speed idle issue I'm having? It's my only real gripe with the laptop and it started to happen suddenly around a year ago (maybe after some random updates).

3. Blond

Blond Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, new member needs help. I successfully replaced the wifi adapter in my P35Xv3, but on opening the case found the battery was swollen. I decided to remove the battery since the case wouldn't close, and was actually beginning to crack. Once I removed the battery, I can't boot into Windows, I just get the bios or a Windows repair/recovery, which does nothing. My hard drives and files are still there, my Windows Restore checkpoints are even showing up, but don't work. Am I doomed to reinstall Windows 7?

4. inperfectdarkness

inperfectdarkness Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Might try a different battery and see if it's just glitching the laptop not having it in there?

5. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    1. try to remove the RAM and put it back
    2. try to put the battery back

AND one thing important is that never try to do the things above while AC power is plugged

6. inperfectdarkness

Reputations:
    So it would appear that my 4k screen now has a line or two of pixels that are malfunctioning. There's a visible vertical line about an inch from the left edge of the screen that cuts through everything. Not sure if it's a one-off problem, one that will spread, or what. And based on the experience I had with Gigabyte's horrible customer service last time I sent it in for factory work...I'm sadly inclined to just tolerate it.

Good thing my Borg PC will be arriving this month. I'll finally be able to have a desktop where I won't worry about overheating or any of the other issues that Gigabyte seems famous for.

7. inperfectdarkness

Reputations:
    P.S.
    It's definitely a hardware issue. It's on the BIOS screen.

8. santimaster2000

santimaster2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Soooooo, my thermal pads melted XD

I'm looking into buying replacements, what would the appropriate thickness be ? 0,5 mm, 1 mm, 1,5 mm ?

9. bberry110

bberry110 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, which version of the P35X are you using?
    I have this info in one of the previous posts of this thread, though it’s for the P35X-v3.
    Would this help at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. santimaster2000

santimaster2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    P35X V6, I had the V3, it uses the same pads, I bought 1,5 mm, but I would still like to get confirmation, so if you have the info, please share it :)