***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

1. jhax01

jhax01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm having a really strange issue with my P35Xv3 -- the internal display stopped working with the BIOS and Windows 10 completely...both work fine on an external display (hdmi or displayport). Seems like a simple hardware problem, right? So I replaced the lid/lcd assembly and it still has the same issue. On a whim, I booted an ubuntu-gnome live USB and halfway through the boot, the internal display lights up and works perfectly, even after unplugging the external monitor. But it still doesn't work with the BIOS or Windows 10. I've tried everything I can think of -- toggling Fn+F5 (though it should've worked in the BIOS regardless), updated the BIOS, pulled the battery and CMOS battery and let it sit overnight, disabled the dGPU in the BIOS, etc, etc. The CMOS battery is a steady 3.1V so I don't think it's that. If anyone has any thoughts about it, I'd love to hear it. I've emailed Gigabyte support but I don't expect much there other than 'send it in' and I'm well outside the warranty so that's a last resort.

2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think sometimes Windows 10 can do some very strange things to laptops - have you tried using a bootable USB drive with Windows 7 on it to try to install Windows 7? Don't go out and buy Windows 7 based on what I'm saying, but if you've got a copy lying around it might be worth a shot. (Or maybe try the same thing, but with Windows 10, reinstalling Windows 10. I have the feeling that sometimes Windows 10 messes with the BIOS, I'm not sure on this.)

3. jhax01

jhax01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not the worst idea I've ever heard, but unfortunately installing Win 7 didn't help any, nor did reinstalling Windows 10. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Robbo99999 likes this.
  4. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    How about returning the BIOS to it's defaults - normally there's a button you can press to just change everything back to default, maybe the BIOS needs to be 'reset' in some way. If that doesn't work, I also noticed you upgraded the BIOS, how about reinstalling the same (latest) BIOS after you've returned all BIOS settings to default. Ha, might be another long shot, but thought I'd suggest it!

5. geshsoft

geshsoft Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I've been using P35x-V7 for a year now. With all the news about Intel security holes and microcode / OS fixes released one would think there will be some BIOS updates from Gigabyte. On the official support page the latest is still FB02 which is more than a year old. Am I missing something or does Gigabyte BIOS support is truly that bad?

6. EvilTak

EvilTak Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone have access to the recovery partition? If you do, can you please upload the old Smart Manager folder ("SmartManagerV3") under "Program Files\GIGABYTE" in Install.swm? The Smart Manager in the recovery partition has the old fan controls which allow for full (Xtreme) fan speed, but I have lost my recovery partition. Thanks for all your help!

7. medfreak

medfreak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!3Yx3CbxJ!KFVST0eatP89AHYx4bdnRGkeCM71QDoh9liA_Qt58po

Arthedes and EvilTak like this.
  8. medfreak

medfreak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have sort of negelected my P35x for the past 6 months, but I am planning on doing some maintenece on it. Temps are going crazy and my battery dies almost immediately after power disconnect, so I am due for a new battery.

Any one know of reputable battery replacement for the P35x? These are the options I found:

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-961T...8&qid=1522590538&sr=8-1&keywords=p35x+battery

https://www.amazon.com/7XINbox-6830...&qid=1522590538&sr=8-10&keywords=p35x+battery

Not many reviews to lean on...

9. EvilTak

EvilTak Newbie

Reputations:
  10. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: