***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medfreak

medfreak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got it to work! So I kept looking for an old version of Smart Manager but no luck. Finally I decided to look in the recovery files that came with the laptop. You can open the Recovery files with 7zip.

Open Install.swm with 7zip, then navigate to Program files\GIGABYTE. SmartManagerV3 folder is there. Copy that folder to your desktop. Restart your computer in Safe mode, and then past that folder where your SmartManager is installed and overwrite everything. When I started it back, it was version 4.7.0. When I select "Xtreme" the fans spin up to 100%.

Good luck.

EvilTak likes this.
  2. EvilTak

EvilTak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks a ton, that worked. Good thing I hadn't yet deleted my Recovery partition.

3. JimTheSoundman

JimTheSoundman Newbie

Reputations:
    Just wanted to say that this is the worst laptop I've ever owned. After a year of dealing with dead keys on the keyboard, and screen issues, overheating issues, and numerous other problems, the internal power supply board has just given up the ghost. I'm parting this out, anyone interested? You have my condolences if you are still trying to make yours work.

4. EvilTak

EvilTak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's unfortunate. I haven't had a single problem with my laptop yet (except the battery dying 1 year after purchase, which is expected. The replacement is still going strong), and it is more than 2 years old. Thermals are a bit of a problem, but a thermal repaste and underclocking (basically turning off turbo boost) helps keep the CPU from throttling always and GPU from throttling most of the time, even in 35+°C ambient temperatures.

I've had a great experience with the customer service. Although it's hard to find centers in my country and parts take a long time to arrive, the customer service did a pretty good job, considering that they replaced everything (including the motherboard and chassis) except the screen when all they had to do was replace a dying battery. Plus, all that was covered under warranty, even though it had been more than one year since the purchase.

It's really unfortunate that you're going through those problems, have you told Gigabyte about them? If the laptop is still under warranty, you might be able to get it repaired at no cost. Gigabyte's only problem is consistency, I guess. I see people (like me) having no problems at all with their laptops, and others with dead pixels, broken fans a month into their purchase.

getpaiddd and Arthedes like this.
  5. JimTheSoundman

JimTheSoundman Newbie

Reputations:
    The worst problem was that the C key failed on the keyboard. I called Gigabyte and they wanted me to send it to them. I asked them if I could order the keyboard and install it myself, and they said no.

I needed the laptop for work, so I couldn't send it to them. I just dealt with it as best I could, until it finally died. I bought a Lenovo as a replacement.

6. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have got the FB10 bios now and it tries to keep idle temps at 50C. It used to be 60C. At 60C, the fans actually never had to turn on and the laptop could be passively cooled. Even while watching Netflix. Now, the fans are constantly spinning because it tries to keep the CPU temp at 50C.

I find this annoying. Anyone know a fix?

7. Acercon

Acercon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, I am new here. Currently, I am trying to decide between the Aero 15 or the P35X V6, I am a university student that wants something that is portable and will last me through classes and be able to the latest games at home. The P35X V6 has a 1070 but the battery and screen is not as nice as the aero 15. I really like the design of the Aero 15 but it only has a 1060. What are your thoughts on this laptop, Which one should I get?

8. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Where Can I download old BIOS versions? I can't find any previous versions on their website, just the current version: https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/P35X-v3#support-dl

Its really annoying that the fans are spinning up when the processor is running at 800mhz and no load doing nothing and staring at the desktop, just because the target temperature is 50C. I also cant control the fan speed (set to 100%) anymore. I;m fine with the laptop running at 60C when staring at the desktop if that means the fans are off.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  9. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Get the lighter one.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

10. inperfectdarkness

inperfectdarkness Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone ever find a reliable solution for why there is crackling/popping in the audio on the p35x, no matter what i'm playing, headphones or onboard speakers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.