***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nothing. It will never use 330watts ever. Even not hitting the 240watt.

2. Key7795

Key7795 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I know I'll need a vbios.
    And I know obviously it's not going to use 330w...
    What I do know is 200w was certainly not enough to power a good oc.
    The 330w will make it a non issue and be most efficient. Maybe the 230w would be enough but I doubt it without throttling and why be so close to maximum power? I'd prefer the efficiency and wiggle room. I've maxed out a 200w as confirmed by kill a watt by modified vbios..

Robbo99999 likes this.
  3. Key7795

Key7795 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hmm, well I'm seeing the cable that should work for 4 buckaroos so I guess I'll try it as an experiment. I get what you're saying and it would make sense if it didn't draw more than the 5 volts it can get by single usb.
    I thought I had read somewhere where people will run multiple usb to a cooling pad though. Could have misunderstood but it's a cheap fun experiment so I'll let you guys know if it works!

Robbo99999 likes this.
  4. Key7795

Key7795 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just got my laptop back all spiffy! I didnt lose any data, it looks like they recovered everything! I am very happy about that.
    I get the 330w dell PSU and adaptor, liquid ultra, fujipoly 17mwk thermal pads and the dual usb power cable tomorrow.Its about to get fun!!
    Also the ASIC of the new 980m is 76.1% and my old one was 76.5 so I cant complain.
    EDIT:
    Well guys dont waste your time, no manner of power table tweaking will allow it to draw more than about 216w total system draw from the wall despite power throttling on an overclock.
    I'm guessing the internal power delivery circuitry is only capable of delivering 100w and not much more. I tried doubling the power table(200%) which is what prema mod allows you to do on clevo etc. As soon as a heavy load comes on the gpu chokes down to sub 1k core clock.
    The bottom line is im tired of fooling with this laptop and have put it up for sale.
    Oh and the dual usb to the cooler did nothing extra so you guys know.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So yesterday I dropped my laptop from tableheight... It slipped out of my backpack when I was about to leave and getting my stuff.

After lots of cursing and getting people's attention in my campus library, I tried to boot at home. Nothing. I shat my pants.

Turns out theres nothing wrong with the laptop: Im installing windows 10 on an old 120Gb mechanical drive from a roommate as we speak and its already booted so its fine.

My m550 512gb however seems to act weird. In the hdd slot, I cant get it to boot and sometimes it is recognised in the bios and sometimes it isnt. I managed to boot it using the HDD adapter for the cd drive but I haven't replicated this result yet and only tried once.

Is this a problem with my SATA port on my laptop or with the ssd itself? I hope its not the sata port.

As I said, the mechanical drive is working fine in the hdd slot, but Im pretty sure its not a sata3 drive but rather a sata2 one. Would that have something to do with being able to be recognised on a damaged sata3 port? (Less pins being used or whatnot).

The laptop was in standby when it fell, so theres 2 kinds of damage possible on the lappy and the ssd: falling damage and elektrical i think. Any thoughts?

6. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've had trouble booting OS from SATA3 slots when I first got the laptop, it would bootup every time but freeze within 5 mins of login.

Are you using RAID in mSATA ports or single mSATA SSD? Have you tried swap them?

Regards.

Defan

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This is a well known problem with the Crucial drives from that era. Google "Crucial disappearing at startup"

There is no definitive solution.

8. Arthedes

Reputations:
    Would it have to do with the drop though? Never had this issue with the m550. The sata2 seems to be running fine tho...

Also, are the msata slots in the V3 msata3 or msata2? Will you get the full speed from a 850 evo 1tb msata?

9. Arthedes

Reputations:
    Seems the ssd is the problem. Got windows up and running in the old hdd slot on an old spinner but the m550 doesnt get recognised in either slot and not on my roommates computer via external hdd trays either.

Does this completely rule out my sata port on my laptop is broken though?

10. Arthedes

Reputations:
    So 2 questions:

Are the msata ports running at msata2 or msata3 speeds? Read some threads from a few years ago stating all msata is msata 2 and thus can not match sata3 speeds... Surely the msata ports in this laptop are msata3?

Also, what is the maximum capacity of the msata slots? The specs say 512gb max, is it possible to run 2 1Tb msata SSD's in raid0? I beleive I saw someone try this but havent seen the outcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.