***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Key7795

Key7795 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm very curious to know if you plan on pushing a 1300 or more core clock with a modified vbios. Would like to know if 50 watts is enough.
    One useful tool for testing for throttling in real time in game is evga precision x with the on screen display. It will show your current clock rates in real time.
    I think if I can get enough juice to the 980m I can squeeze out 30-40 FPS at 4k. Would be great to try and use this 4k monitor! The 8gb makes it good for it. I think the desktop 980 would be quite decent for 4k if it didn't have a measly 4 gb of vram.
    Technically I should be able to match the 980 but have twice the vram (stock 980 vs oc 980m of course)
    I can't wait to get my laptop back, I might not be selling it after all if I get this to work :)
    Can you link to the adapter you used for the power jack?
    Your Google fu is clearly superior as my searches have returned fruitless.

2. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys I can confirm that the p35x works absolutely perfectly with a 144Hz 1080p monitor through miniDP. I can even run my internal when the external is at 144Hz. I used a iiyama gb2488hsu.

bberry110, DelFang and jhax01 like this.
  3. saxlylong

saxlylong Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry for my delayed response. Lots of things going on right now, and working on the laptop is at the end of the to-do list. Here is the adapter I got:

http://www.amazon.com/7-4x5-0mm-5-5...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I would be interested in seeing your results with taking the 980m even faster.

4. Key7795

Key7795 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No problem man, thanks for the link.
    Looks like the dell 330w will work with that.
    Anyone know if the gigabyte rma website is accurate? It hasn't updated my status.

5. jhax01

jhax01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The website is terrible, I'm afraid. When mine was getting worked on, I emailed the tech support side and somebody there checked on it for me. Not sure it was necessary in my case though, they had it fixed, tested, and sent back pretty darn quick in my opinion.

Key7795 likes this.
  6. Key7795

Key7795 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Good to know, thank you!
    It got there friday but the site hasn't updated. I'll email this Thursday or Friday to enquire then. Can't wait to get it back and try some things.

7. Key7795

Key7795 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just heard back from Gigabyte!
    They replaced the motherboard and some sort of keyboard holder. They also asked for my permission to recover the OS.
    +1 to Gigabyte for honoring the warranty quickly without any hassle.
    I guess they'll finish up and send it back soon! Feels good that I bought from a company that stands behind their product and warranty.

DelFang and jhax01 like this.
  8. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got mine back yestoday after roughly 2 weeks, they determine the Video TDR BSoD is caused by hardware/driver compatibility and reinstalled Win8 instead. But the problem BSoD came back right after I upgrade it to Win10...now I'm reinstalling Win8.1 and hope it will work again...how I regret upgrade to 10 in the first place.

Regards.

Defan

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The laptop should work in Windows 10. If not it would be terrible that such a modern laptop is unable to run under Windows 10. Gigabyte should fix this.

10. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine worked in Win10 with 980m disabled, the technician literally formatted the mSATA and reinstalled Win8, pretending the problem doesn't exist as long as I don't install Win10.

Currently in the long processes of updating Win8 and reinstall a few games to test the issue. The worst thing is I don't have system backups for Win8 anymore coz I upgraded to 10 for over half a year now...

Regards.

Defan

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.