***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone of you use this beast for csgo? I do and only get 150 fps max, even at 600x480 resolution lowest settings. This must be a usage issue seeing as cpu and gpu are at 20% load. Any idea on how to increase this usage and what fps are you getting?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    At those very high fps figures, then maybe the system RAM is becoming the limiting factor, maybe you need faster and/or lower latency RAM, although it is strange that CPU usage is low (unless CSGO doesn't use multiple threads & is instead just maxing out one or two threads of your CPU which could be your limiting factor).

3. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you for the reply. None of the threads exceed 20% usage. Never thought about RAM being a potential bottleneck. Most players agree on 300 fps being the ideal fps for csgo for minimal input lag, regardless of what the screen can actually display and I know many players who achieve this with lower end rigs, including older RAM.

4. markjk7

markjk7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Have you got a max frame rate set in nvidia control panel? Or maybe within game settings? Sounds the most likely cause if you're getting stuck at 150fps

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk

pranktank likes this.
  5. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    Try setting "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the NVidia Control Panel for the CSGO game. And make sure you're on the Max Performance setting for Windows Power Options.

pranktank likes this.
  6. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't seem to have this option? I think the nvidia control panel is very limited in options because it's an optimus system? Is there anyway to unlock full control panel options?

7. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    I've never heard of that option in the NVidia Control Panel either & I don't have Optimus. "Prefer Maximum Performance" and not having v-sync enabled (which you don't) are the only relevant options to you in the NVidia Control Panel I think.

8. markjk7

markjk7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Think you'll only find it with Nvidia inspector 'frame rate limiter' no idea if this has a preset max. Just seemed like you were maybe hitting a max setting somewhere.

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk

9. schnobastian

schnobastian Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used the supplied Smart Update app to download the BIOS update, however, I still haven't noticed any changes.

10. BunnyKillBot

BunnyKillBot Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, my dead p35x v3 turned out to be more than the PSU. The gigabyte 'official' UK warranty repair center have had it for over a month. Word of warning to any potential Gigabyte purchasers - the warranty process is shockingly bad compared to most major rivals. I am thoroughly put off ever buying gigabyte again, spoiling an otherwise impressive product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.