***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone know of a shop (in europe) where I can order a replacement PSU? I only found one which asked €30 for shipping alone.

Ridiculous btw, my psu suddenly died. Instead of only sending in the psu for warranty they want me to send in the entire Laptop too (which works perfectly and charges with a 120W universal PSU I had lying around) for three whole weeks. I can't miss my computer for that long so I'll just have to buy a replacement.

Windows 10 upgrade worked absolutely perfect for me. I really like the OS.

2. arpas

arpas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Friends, I NEED HELP!! :(
    I cannot start my p35x. Smart USB fail!... F9 system recovery fail... I have not usb boot... someone can create and share with me an usb boot disk?
    Thanx in advance!!!

EDIT: SOLVED!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  3. schnobastian

schnobastian Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I recently got myself a p35x v4 and I'm super stoked about it. I've been perusing this thread quite a bit before the purchase and I've seen quite a few mentions of undervolting to help with cpu temps. I am just curious what program is being utilized to perform this undervolting? Back in my core 2 duo days I used Throttlestop but I'm not sure if that's still applicable or not.

4. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...p-boards-software-extreme-tuning-utility.html

5. derkeysersoze

derkeysersoze Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How did you solve it? did you put it in legacy boot mode?

6. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Has anyone found a slim travel charger for just office stuff like 120w, or even a slightly smaller alternative to the 180w brick?

I used a 90w one all day today (no 980m usage and only very light CPU usage) and it worked fine but I'm looking for a better 90w or 120w one (found this one that I am thinking of getting - http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-K33197-Portable-Notebook-Adapter/dp/B0007W1K8M). I'm not 100% it comes with a tip that will work though.

I would even take a slim 150w like the razer, which would allow some 980m usage but I'd have to watch it a bit (light gaming, disabled CPU turbo to save power etc) but I've had no luck finding something like that. The tip is the hard part, no universals ever list gigabyte but I found the L105 tip on my Targus 90W fits good. It measures about 5mm outside and the pin inside is about 2.5mm.

*edit* Ok it looks like there is a chance the Razer uses a 5.5mm OD and 2.5mm ID plug, so maybe it could work. I have googled, and searched these forums and found no info about a slim/travel/razer charger for this laptop. I can't be the only one looking for this!

*Final edit*
    I went to buy the Kensington adapter above but had problems figuring out what tip I needed and it may/may not come with the tips on top of that. Was about to bid on one on ebay with a bunch of tips when I figured out the tip I needed was the "IBM" tip. I just happened to be throwing away 3 old IBM laptops so I checked the adapters and sure enough, all three of these older IBM's had have the same plug. Fits perfectly. Only issue is they are all only 70w, so I can use it to surf, watch a movie and charge the latop, but obviously no games.

I did some testing and it looks like the laptop uses about 27w in the silent fan profile mode which is likely where i would use it, and in gaming fan mode it used 36w. This is just sitting at the desktop with my standard 50+ chrome tabs and all my other programs running. Watching a movie off the ssd could use a few more watts but I'm confident I would still be well below 70w.

Anyway I thought I would mention this here in case it helps anyone else out. These adapters are likely very cheap (I was going to throw mine away!) they are very portable and do exactly what I was looking for. I will place one in my sleeve for those times when I don't want to carry the full size adapter and don't need to play games.

*Final edit 2* lol
    While my solution above did work, I worried that the lower voltage (16v) from the IBM would eventually ruin my laptop so I searched for a 19v solution. I took a chance and ordered this from amazon for $18 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FMVPFY. There was a tip that fit perfectly and it powers the P35X just as good as the IBM one but at the proper voltage. It is very slim and helps with portability (you can pack this in a sleeve easily). This is only for basic tasks like browsing, light workloads and watching a movie. You only have 65w continuous/75w peak to work with so keep that in mind! This isnt meant to be your main adapter by any means, only if you forget your larger one or need the extra portability for light loads. Now I can have peace of mind that it's getting 19v.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  7. arpas

arpas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Nop...
    I used the windows 8.1 CD installator.
    Once running an operating system ... I tried several ways ...
    I even generate a new USB drive with "Smart USB Backup ..." it worked.
    Then a friend recommended me to do a fresh install of Windows 7 without any gigabyte drivers.
    From there, I began to gradually install Gigabyte drivers .
    And there I realized what driver it was preventing standby function of my laptop: Nvidia Geforce Experience. Then I uninstalledit and left only the Nvidia Control Panel.
    I hope not very necessary Nvidia GeForce Experience ... (I do not use the laptop for gamming but -CAD- 3D design)...

8. house3272

house3272 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there anyway to turn off the 5 lights on the front side?
    Annoying as hell when watch a movie or something.

9. arpas

arpas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I came to the conclusion that the problem I had with my p35x was the NVIDIA GeForce Experience driver.
    I uninstalled it and my standby works perfectly.
    The problem now is that a program that use ... does not work well without this driver...
    Can anyone recommend me a version of Nvidia GeForce Experience that works well and is not giving you headaches?
    I know some like LoneSyndal have been lucky with the appropriate driver.

10. Qyyz

Qyyz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Geforce experience is just a tool that automatically optimizes game settings based on your hardware (which you end up changing anyway). It also has some in-game recording functions etc. Nothing that you really need. I dont use it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.