***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

1. derkeysersoze

derkeysersoze Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is zero ghosting on the panel the p35x v3 ships with. Honestly its the best laptop screen I've ever had. Its better than my samsung 4k monitor i plug it into when working in my office.

edit: i looked at my monitor to confirm and mine is not the LG one you linked. i have this one apparently.

http://www.panelook.com/B156HAN01.2_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_19049.html

2. silverghost123

silverghost123 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone else experiencing an issue where the wifi doesn't reconnect when the laptop starts again after sleeping? I was just wondering if there was a known fix, I have downloaded all of the latest drivers.

One other thought, I had my v3 replaced recently after dropping my original one, the build quality has definitely improved, I nearly have a flat keyboard :)

Thanks

3. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I can confirm that 1TB mSATA work fine in both slots, and 2TB HDs work in both those slots and all at the same time.

4. pacman366

pacman366 Newbie

Reputations:
    I had an issue where I'd have to use the fn+f2 hotkey after waking to get reconnected to the wireless. I fixed that issue by installing the smbus driver packaged with the latest Intel chipset drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5. acc4eval

acc4eval Newbie

Reputations:
    Wanted to ask you about noise level in idle or office tasks:
    From NotebookReview: "The fans reached approximately 32 dB(A) in routine tasks (office, Internet, etc.), which is also quite pleasant... We have to criticize the occasional speed increase; the noise level sometimes increased to 36 dB(A) for no reason."
    And from Anandtech: "...with a SPL of around 40 dB(A) measured at the same one inch from the trackpad, but even light tasks or random Windows scheduled tasks can cause the fan speeds to ramp up to quite loud levels; 45 dB(A) or more can occur just moving through Explorer, or surfing the web."

~30dB is inconvenient but acceptable, while 40-45dB sounds disturbing... How bad is it really in your experience?
    Thanks!

6. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Pfft, during office task the fan is mostly off for me. And when its on it is at its lowest setting and i can barely hear it.

Sent from my GT-I9300

7. epicninja

epicninja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ive never Had a problem with sound, cant hear it through my headphones even at max fans. Dunno about without tho. Idle is barely there.

8. Arthedes

Reputations:
    I'll now try to update the BIOS using smart update. Going from FD0A/F00c to FB0B/F00c

Note: last time I did this i had to reinstall, this time i made a backup.

pranktank likes this.
  9. Arthedes

Reputations:
    Wow i updated my bios and the system booted. its a miracle.

10. house3272

house3272 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Other than the gpu upgrade, is there anything different about the v3 vs the v2?