***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyonucca

yoyonucca Newbie

Reputations:
    This laptop just came in from Amazon and I swapped the dvd drive for an SSD I had sitting around. I'm now trying to reformat/install windows onto the SSD instead of the defaulted HDD. Can anyone kindly please give me steps on how I can do this? My package didn't come with any Windows 8.1 installation CDs and when I try to recover the laptop via F9 it just reformats itself back to the 1TB HDD without any option for installing it onto the SDD.

2. sirleeofroy

sirleeofroy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi, I have a P34w V3 but I'm pretty sure the software/method will be the same.

You have a recovery tool on the original boot drive that creates a bootable USB stick from the (hidden) recovery partition (you'll need a 16gb stick), when you boot from that you should have the option to select which drive to install the recovery to. You may have reset the partition table of your chosen drive to "GPT" instead of "MBR" which can be done via Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management. I did that when I put a new SSD in my laptop and the recovery stick found it and went ahead and reinstalled Windows.

Also, does the bios see the hard drive?

yoyonucca likes this.
  3. yoyonucca

yoyonucca Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I got it working. Thanks for your help!

4. arpas

arpas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I bought a Bigfoot's Killer Wireless-N 1102
    Anyone can tell me how to install it? (drivers???)
    I also bought this antenna wifi (and also want to know how to install it... :))
    Thanks in advance !!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  5. derkeysersoze

derkeysersoze Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    you shouldn't need new antennas.. but for the killer it should come with instructions or drivers shouldn't it?

6. arpas

arpas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    you're right! killer not need new antennas...
    Thanks!

7. acc4eval

acc4eval Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm considering to buy the new P35X v4, would like to ask for your opinion regarding the FHD 1080p display. From what I know, it uses LP156WF4-SPB1 AH-IPS panel.
    Haven't found any useful information of this configuration in particular, but from reviews of other laptops using the same panel - seems that it delivers brightness 300+ cd/m2 and decent contrast of 800+.
    My question is about the response time - 35ms is quite slow, do you experience any ghosting in high FPS? And also it has only 6-bit (262k) colors - is it noticeable in comparison to full 8-bit?
    Are you happy with display quality in general, is it good enough for gaming and business?

Thanks!
    P.S. please don't suggest 3K display, it's not an option :)

8. epicninja

epicninja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if 1 tb ssds work in here? The laptop specs on the website say 500gb but i know the cpu supports more, can anyone confirm that 1tb works?

9. epicninja

epicninja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the 1080p model, and i havent noticed anything. Great screen. Admitedly i came from a 720p tn panel, so im not sure my view is what your would be.

acc4eval likes this.
  10. acc4eval

acc4eval Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't have such configuration myself, but wouldn't expect any problems. For reference, both XoticPC and GenTechPC offer 1TB SSD installation in all 4 slots (mSata, primary HDD and swappable ODD) - for both v3 and v4 versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.