***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivithemage

vivithemage Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks gentech.

2. vivithemage

Reputations:
    I am pretty deadset on getting a GIGABYTE P35Xv4-BW1 from xoticPC. I was wondering if anyone knew if they had any coupon codes or deals at all? I was also wondering if anyone knew when they would be shipping them?

I was curious, I was going to use this as a desktop replacement, and hook up my two 1080p monitors to it, if I do so, will it do it via nvidia, or will one be the intel, and another be nvidia? I was going to use the minidisplay port + HDMI. I was also wondering, do they make decent docking stations for laptops like this, I don't mind plugging in manually, but a dock would be cool.

Should I get the deadpixel guarantee too? Or do they generally not come with deadpixels anymore?

3. jiexi

jiexi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good luck on coupon codes, I didn't have any luck when I was searching half a year ago.

Both through iGPU. 60Hz limited.

Docking stations = none that I've found. I've got mine docked vertically. You can see my old setup here: http://imgur.com/a/W5CsE

Didn't have any dead pixels. Haven't had dead pixels in forever, but maybe some others can chime in on this issue.

Hope you can join the club.

4. vivithemage

Reputations:
    Awesome, thanks for that. Are you using a cooler as well? How does that run? What mini iDP dongle are you using?
    How's the performance in gaming, did you OC at all?
    What kind of FPS are you getting in like, BF4? What settings enabled?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  5. jiexi

jiexi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Using cooler, it's between the laptop and the wall. Runs pretty well I think. Heat naturally rises up, so having the exhaust pointed upwards only seemed natural to me.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-...spell&keywords=star+tech+mst+hub&tag=kawai-20

No OC, only UV.

I'll check later for you. It's probably the same FPS as everyone else. At max 1-5 frames more.

6. vivithemage

Reputations:
    Thanks, I am curious, because I am looking to replace my i5 970GTX system with this one, and was hoping it'd get real world similar FPS @ 1080p.

7. vivithemage

Reputations:
    Anyone have some current benchmarks and FPS numbers? I'd love to hear em! Would this also support 2 or 3 144hz monitors via a mini dp splitter?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  8. Lucian04

Lucian04 Newbie

Reputations:
    My first post here, but I had a few questions and would appreciate the help.

I have a Gigabyte P35X v3 CF4 that I purchased from newegg (the 3K/8GB GTX 980m model) last year and I feel like I could eek out a bit more performance from it.

How would I go about under volting the cpu and gpu so that they run cooler and perform better?

How would I go about running Raid 0 on two sets of drives? Is that possible? I purchased a pair of 240GB mSATA Intel 530's and a pair of Crucial M200 500GB SSD's. I wanted to run my OS and software on the 480GB drive and store games/music/movies on the 1TB drive.

I'm currently running Windows 7 but will be installing Windows 8.1 (and upgrading to Windows 10 when it releases), will that produce any issues in regards to Raid 0? Right now my laptop came preset for Raid 0, but I find myself lacking space, hence the drives I purchased recently.

Any guides on performing a re-paste on the cpu and gpu? My laptop has been running exceptionally hot recently, especially now considering its the summer where I live.

Thanks a bunch, I'm looking forward to your responses!

9. masterkeyify

masterkeyify Newbie

Reputations:
    You undervolt the CPU with Intel XTU, download it online. Lower the Dynamic CPU Voltage Offset by small increments until you figure out what's stable, use the STRESS TEST Section to test. You can also lower the Intel GPU's voltages but there's probably not much point in that.

I just got a V4 and immediately repasted, I'd highly recommend it, the paste job on mine was laughably bad. Use Liquid Ultra if you're daring or GC-Extreme. To actually get the thing apart, take all the screws except the RAM slot ones out, the bottom should come off with a little wiggling afterwards. Take the 2 screws that hold one of the fans down off. Unfasten all the screws holding the Heatsink down off (They'll still stay in the heatsink), then move around the fan you unfastened to help you get the heatsink off.

If I have time I could post pictures if you're interested.

Lucian04 likes this.
  10. Lucian04

Lucian04 Newbie

Reputations:

I appreciate your post. I have my laptop running at a -60mV undervolt, did a successful repaste with IC Diamond as the factory paste job was as you said.

[​IMG]

I also replaced the HDD and Disc Drive with 500GB Crucial M200's and the Lite On 120GB mSATA SSD's with 240GB Intel 530's run in Raid 0. With a fresh install of 8.1 Pro this bad boy feels brand spanking new and seems to be running much cooler (at least 7c - 10c lower on avg) while I'm testing stability with Prime 95. Hopefully I can get down to -80mV or -100mV for an even bigger temp drop!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.