***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Aorus X7 was confirmed not to be able to get Gsync, i doubt the p35x will.

I just update mine via smart update, works like a charm.

2. Qyyz

Qyyz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    AFAIK mobile g-sync will only work on notebooks where the GPU is connected directly to the screen (laptops without optimus). So its not possible to get g-sync on the P35X, at least not until nvidia strikes some kind of deal with intel.

3. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Last time I updated my bios via smart update, I had to reinstall windows becaus i couldnt even boot...

What are the new features of the BIOS?

4. jiexi

jiexi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Didn't see anything new in the bios, but maybe I missed something.

I installed without a problem. Had to change my windows theme back to default because the flasher won't launch otherwise.

5. kdawgie

kdawgie Newbie

Reputations:
    I had my card turn off as well. Reboot with graphic accelleration off then reboot with it on. It was scary because I couldn't even open nvidia control panel. It gave some weird error. Try and report back?

6. silverghost123

silverghost123 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the upgrade to Windows 10. Only reason for asking is that I am concerned about losing the backup image stored on the hidden drive. In the past when I have upgraded an operating system it has deleted the drive and the image with it. Does anyone have any thoughts please, obviously time will tell when it is released next month, but just wondering in the meantime.

I guess I could take a copy of the hidden drive using Acronis and store it somewhere, and if it is removed go back in and recreate the drive using something like partition magic, but it could turn out to be a pain when I eventually want to sell the laptop.

Thanks

7. kdawgie

kdawgie Newbie

Reputations:
    Why not use usb smart backup? I'm pretty sure that makes a copy of it. If not windows usb bootable backup can make a copy of it.

8. silverghost123

Reputations:
    Thanks kdawgie, that's a really good point, I didn't consider using the USB backup. Cheers :)

9. jiexi

jiexi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When i transitioned to a bigger msata ssd, I'm pretty sure I screwed up the recovery partition. It's there, sitting at the end of the drive with the data in it, but I don't think it's working.

How can you tell if it's working? When I go to windows recovery and try to install a fresh copy, it asks me for a disk, I assume the recovery partition is this "disk", but I can't find it through the menu.

10. silverghost123

Reputations:
    Try restarting the laptop and pressing F9 when it boots up, this will take you to the repair options and will tell you if you still have the partition installed and available. Be careful not to go all the way or you may lose everything. I have found that it doesn't work if you go through the Windows repair options directly and only works with F9.
    I don't have my laptop at the moment as I dropped it a week or so ago and it is with the insurers under repair or I would send you a copy of the partition layout in the 'Disk Management' tool, this would let you compare yours against mine that works. (One additional thing, I ended up in a similar situation a couple of years ago with another laptop, I had previously taken a screenshot of the partition layout and using partition magic (or similar) managed to rebuild the partitions exactly as they were and it started working again.
    Best of luck.

jiexi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.