***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

1. epicninja

epicninja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm I'm on FD08 and I don't have a problem. What other drivers were you on? (If you remember)

2. lamanian

lamanian Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Same here running FD08 without problem. Only problem Ive had is that every now and then my keyboard will double space instead of single space and less frequently a double letter. Anyone else have this issue or is it just my keyboard? Seems like lots of people are having issues. Find it hard to believe that a company like gigabyte who have been putting out solid pc components for a long time would have issues producing a decent laptop, but perhaps I got the only decent one they produced.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That would annoy the hell out of me if it occasionally registered a double keyboard stroke. I would get a replacement if I was you, or are you thinking you'll probably end up with an even worse one?

4. markjk7

markjk7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Have you tried changing the 'repeat rate' under windows keyboard settings maybe set it a touch slower?

Probably a bad idea to say as my luck could change... But I've had no issues with my p35w so far, just one Windows crash after a win update. I really want to repaste but loathed to touch it and risk messing it up :)

5. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If I may add my bit: i did not have any issues with the laptop so far, followed uploading instructions from previous owners and repasted + undervolt, no issues.

6. dorj1234

dorj1234 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Had a similar problem and got worried after the BIOS stopped recognizing drives. What solved it for me is a setting in the BIOS "revert to win7 defaults". After the update you can go to win8 or win7 defaults.
    Choose win7, save and exit. Suddenly I was back to normal with the new BIOS.

Solved my problem, hope it solves yours too.

7. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So how does windows work nowadays? Ted says that if I get the laptop without hdds, I need to get windows recovery disks, made by them, to install windows on my own hdd which i will put in. He says the licence key is embedded in the bios and windows will recognise that key when I install it on my own hdd. The only way to get an installation file of windows is if i buy new windows disks, or get their recovery dvds.

Why cant i just get the laptop without windows and pay 80 euros less?

Sent from my GT-I9300

8. epicninja

epicninja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure it comes with windows, so they would have to remove it, which costs money. I'm not sure though, and it does sound kinds stupid they won't just ship you it without windows.

9. GTO_PAO11

GTO_PAO11 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So this laptop is a thin version of a dual 780M SLI power? That is so nice.

10. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any comparison figure?