***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So was my P35X, suppose to be in stock today.

Although the Gigabyte Rep on the OCUK forum confirmed that they've left the factory and sent to retailers last weekend, I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and wait until Thursday to decide whether to jump ship or not. A piece of my coursework is due on Thursday, don't really have the time to set up the new computer anyway.

Furthermore, whatever laptop I'm end up getting, I'll just move my current system drive to the new system. There's no way I'm going to spend a whole week to refill a 1TB system and make all the settings just the way I like it.

I will, however, test the stability with the "vanilla" OS with updated drivers, before insert my Crucial M500.

Regards

LoneSyndal likes this.
  2. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. DelFang

Reputations:
  4. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes. The built-in mic picks up a lot of ambience, the fan being there is one. Do note that speed only occurs at 80C and higher.

The Warframe video, temp was around 74C. So fans werent audible to mic. Hard to hear with chatter though.

DelFang likes this.
  5. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had a GS60 970M which I swiched out for a 2014 Razer Blade. The screen bleed is annoying in dark images and the idle fan speeds are a little loud for my liking. But otherwise it's a pretty solid laptop.

EDIT: That is, about the GS60.

hfm and RMXO like this.
  6. arpas

arpas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    THANKS LUNAP!!
    Sounds good but:
    Look this:
    https://www.facebook.com/bluemobility.clevo/photos/a.1396745677232745.1073741828.1396338017273511/1396813157225997/?type=1&theater
    Let me show this detail:
    dimension.jpg
    And,
    2 more questions:
    Think it will sell in the US for January? ...
    How much you think it will cost? (base with 980M VRAM 8GB and 32GB RAM). If you have a "hunch" ....

On the other hand, I got response from lumion3d.com
    They consider 16 GB of RAM enough. And prioritize having more VRAM.
    Accordingly, I understand that I should prefer again "P35X v3" ...
    comments?....
    Thanks!!!!

7. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Whats improved on the 7265?

Sent from my GT-I9300

8. nuttsan

nuttsan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So scan.co.uk have just contacted me to let me know that "due to a chipset shortage there will be a delay on this product until 28/11/14, perhaps a little later", i.e. the P35W is delayed.

Now the question is do I just go for the MSI GS70, which they have in stock for £1399.20, or do I wait, or do I cancel and change to a P650SE(?), i.e. an XMG P505 or scan's LG1520, either of which I could get a 980M in for ~ the same price (if I strip out the HDD and just have the m.2 as I brought a SSD to go in the P35W), or do I wait for the Cyberpower Fangbook Edge with a 970M with 6GB...

I don't "need" to get a new notebook right now, as it's not for work or anything like that (and my "main" reason for getting one is to be able to play Witcher 3 on it when it comes out in Feb), but I am really fed up of waiting... Blah, decisions, decisions.

9. DelFang

Reputations:
    I would buy other laptop if my P35X is delay to 28th. The continuous delay and the problems encountered by the early adapters really worries me. I'd prefer not have to chew off my leg to get out of the honey trap.

But if you're plan to pre-order other laptop, why not wait for a day or two to see if they meet your expectation? P35 v3 seem so promising at start, yet we have numbers of people abandon ship, same maybe happen to other laptops, too.

Regards

10. markjk7

markjk7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks nuttsan that's useful to know as I've got the p35w on order from scan too. Thought the gigabyte rep on overclockers forum suggested they got sent out last week, ocuk hav their delivery date as 21st.
    I'm going to hang on 4 the p35w I think, it still seems the best bet for my needs, light, good screen n reasonable battery, just hope the issues with the p35x are driver issues n fixed in next updates, fingers crossed...
    First post here too, but really great forum with lots of good info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.