***Gigabyte P35X owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Cakefish, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallengreenn

hallengreenn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Soo, I have been away for a couple a days & I found this forum to be exploded.

What have happend to Cakefish & LoneSyndal's laptop?! :0
    Cakefish seems to have problems with the WiFi/Bluetooth?
    LoneSyndal's getting random BSOD about some power?

2. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    We all had some sort if driver faults. Mine and dajohu's tended to get BSOD for "Driver Power State Failure" due to Nvidia drivers conflicting with something in our system. Mine reoccured after formating when I fixed Geforce Experience to finally connect to internet (would loop infinitely to connect to Nvidia server).

As an enthusiast, this PC has quite the quirks for me if my goal is performance that is enough to melt the thing, but alas I've been throttled through every step of the way.

If playing on max settings, be warned that laptop will hit the 87-90C zone fast. Undervolt and franerate limiting does help, but no overclock potential for CPU. (GPU overclock is fine. Went as high as +135/580)

Robbo99999 likes this.
  3. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've just watched some of Cakefishes' gameplay videos and i noticed some audio 'stuttering' every ten seconds or so. Would that be the DPC Latency issue you were talking about? What was causing it? Is it fixeable or hardware related?

4. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    Just dont run monitoring software while playing. That was the solution.

I have some twitch stream broadcasts showing the gameplay with FPS counter showing.

Arthedes likes this.
  5. nuttsan

nuttsan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Supposedly my P35W was meant to get to scan.co.uk today to be dispatched to me, but I haven't got a dispatch note so it appears it was delayed, if they can't give me an definite ETA tomorrow morning, I think I'm just going to change to the MS GS70 and hopefully the 3GB vs 6GB VRAM will turn out to be a lot of hot air...

6. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is the CPU holding you back in games in any way though? Are the clockspeeds its running at in game enough as to not to bottleneck the GPU?

7. omer.sak

omer.sak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The GS70, unlike the GS60, doesn't have an IPS panel like the P35W, though

nuttsan likes this.
  8. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There are some folks with back light bleed on the GS60 though, so if that bothers you, that is something to consider.

nuttsan likes this.
  9. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    GPU runs well for most part as shown in my streams (in which CPU was 87-90C at all times).

When CPU gets capped (fixed lower clocks and undervolting), runs better GPU-wise.

Best undervolt value is between -50-70mV. Any more or less is lost performance.

Arthedes likes this.
  10. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you don't mind tinkering with drivers to find out which one works for you, repasting of TIM to get lowered temps and using a notebook cooler like Cooler Master NotePal U3 then the 980m is worth a shot. If you're not into that and just wants something that works especially after spending this much for it, then this laptop isn't for you.

As much as I love to tinker with my gadgets, I shouldn't have to tinker this much especially after paying $2.4k USD for it but that is my personal feeling.

LoneSyndal and Arthedes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.