Gigabyte P35W V3 Owners thoughts

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by slikvik, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello,

I am currently debating between either taking the P34W or the P35W V3. Two quick questions: how is the heat/throttling on this machine? Secondly, are the CPU/GPU soldered or are they upgradeable? Thanks!

2. markjk7

markjk7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I own the P35w v3 so only know about that, but I'm 99% sure the CPU/GPU are not upgradeable. Heat/Throttling I've never had an issue with and the new BIOS (which I haven't used yet) I believe sets the max temp to 95deg so I would think would remove the very minor throttling that you could get running benchmarks before (90deg). The key is fan noise though really as running on full Max fans removes any throttling but is very loud. I actually run the CPU under-volted and under clocked to 2.4ghz most of the time and i can then play most games with the laptop on my knee and on the 'low auto' fan profile and whilst my better half is watching TV :)

I'm very happy with mine, it's great for my needs, but I know there are a few who have had issues more so with the p35x version so maybe worth having a read in that thread. Also quite a lot of choice in the 15" 970m laptops now so choosing got much more difficult... Hope it helps.

3. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, GentechPC just confirmed to me it is not upgradeable: bummer!...Oh well. Anyway, thanks for your feedback! :) I'll go have a look at the P35X thread, but what are the biggest issues people are having (apart from the 970m suddenly disappearing)?

4. bernieyee

bernieyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If the laptop has a HQ processor, it's soldered. If it has a MQ, it's socketable and removable.

5. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, I've finally ordered mine from GenTechPC: we'll see how it goes! :)

6. blac

blac Newbie

Reputations:
    hi,any update on disconnect graphic card issue?since i also having the same problem..update to new bios and some update also not helping

7. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Boy, I had totally forgotten about that issue, I hope I won't run into the same problem :/

8. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, I have just received my P35W, out of the box, factory installation and...No 970M...Great, I either find a solution or I am asking for a refund.

9. markjk7

markjk7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear that, is it not showing in device manager or gpuz?

10. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.