Gigabyte P35g V2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Scriptabit, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    If I were to keep this laptop for 4-6 years would you recommend I go for it or get something else like an Asus which may have better build quality?

pelico likes this.
  2. XxxKing YBxxX

XxxKing YBxxX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Honestly if I were dead set on getting a 15 incher I would get the p35w v2 over this. 200 dollars more for 870m over 860m is worth it IMO. Itd be a different story if it were maxwell, but both the 860 and 870 are Kepler in this model, so IMO its worth it to spend a Lil more for the 870m.

If you can't afford the 1750 of the p35w v2, I would go with the p34g v2 honestly. But at the end of the day, to me it only makes sense to get this laptop if you NEED the 15 inch screen AND you can't afford the jump from 1550 to 1750 cost. If you can afford it, the p35w v2 is worth the premium, and if you are okay with a 14 in screen, the p34g v2 is a better option

To me, this particular model just seems to be a little too expensive in comparison to what's out there

Edit: if you don't need the optical drive, the gs60 ghost with the 870m is only 1800 with the small form factor, though I've heard of issues with the gs60
    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WhiteBoySHady likes this.
  3. Frugoo

Frugoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For the same reason I'm also considering the P35W v2 and the GS60 Ghost Pro. Both are the same price on amazon.

4. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm with king yb on this one for sure, it's 100% worth it and plus you won't have any regrets because it's an investment at the end of the day. Next thing you know you're getting the 860m and you're wishing you didn't cause of how it Is compared to 870m. Plus 6gb ram will be sufficient for 4 k if you ever wanna get a monitor. I just don't like the design of the Msi ghost cause it shows it's a gaming laptop... I wouldn't wanna take it to work or public places and have this crazy looking gaming laptop that draws attention.

5. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I guess I'm not the only one. The biggest thing that puts me off about the GS60 is how flashy it is. I don't need everyone to know I have a gaming laptop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

shempmalone and etacarinae like this.
  6. tiner

tiner Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Who cares and who knows it is a gaming laptop? Most people don't even know what a gaming laptop is xD

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

7. BibaButzemann

BibaButzemann Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    But they can read what is written on logos...
    In a working environment it simply is'n appropriate.

8. cnzqy1

cnzqy1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The problem with 870M is that it's more powerful and produces more heat, and temp will stay in 90s during gaming. The manufacturers put 870M in this chassis so it's probably safe, but there are also some people uncomfortable with this temp. There was a lengthy discussion in the GS60 thread on this issue.

9. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    my boss for the construction company i work for doesn't really know much about computers nor does he own any computers but he can sure read gaming laptop at the back so he would probably assume im gaming at work lol

and plus the whole different colors keyboard isn't my thing.... not a fan. i like everything classic. that's why the p35w and p35k caught my attention and made me want it. classic but powerfull.

10. XxxKing YBxxX

XxxKing YBxxX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This laptop is somewhat more bulkier than the gs60 so it'll likely handle the 870m better. But still, the tdp difference between the Kepler 860m and the 870m is only 75 compared to 100--not that big of a difference. Like I said, if this 860 was a maxwell version, then there would be more merit in getting the 860 version. (45-50 tdp for maxwell compared to 100 for Kepler 870m)

The jump from 860m to 870m is significant enough to warrant the extra if you are specifically looking at this laptop model. Its about a 30% performance increase. 870m is about the highest you can go before its not worth it IMO. 870m vs 880m difference is less than 860m vs 870m and the price gap is larger. 870m really is the sweet spot for highest end GPU while not breaking the bank. The maxwell 860m is arguably also in this category, but alas, tis Kepler in here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.