Gigabyte P35g V2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Scriptabit, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frugoo

Frugoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It might be from before. I was referring to an article I had just read.
    Razer refreshes its Blade gaming laptops with NVIDIA Maxwell GPUs, multitouch support

2. chris_laptopfan

chris_laptopfan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ah, i see what you mean. I read those rumors about the Blade's GPU being maxwell on other sites too.
    But i am very doubtful about that, as until now we saw not even one single 870m Maxwell. Don't know why so many sites write that down in big letters as if that were a fact.

I think if there really was a 870m Maxwell on the market then why haven't MSI taken it for their GS60 and GS70? That would have been perfect for their slim chassis. But instead they have heavy heat problems with their Kepler 870Ms.
    Unless Razer gets a big bonus from nvidia by being provided exclusively as first manufacturer with a maxwell 870m, i am very doubtful about this article...

3. Shadow Cloud

Shadow Cloud Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well that's disappointing. You think with all the people inquiring Gigabyte about the Maxwell 860M. They would do a Maxwell version.

4. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The Blade has a kepler 870m. The Blade Pro has a maxwell 860m. Nobody has said that the Blade has a maxwell 870m.

5. chris_laptopfan

Reputations:
    erm... that's not true. :rolleyes:
    If you look just a few posts back Frugoo posted this link and there isn't a single word about the 870m being kepler, but talking about maxwell on both models. ;)

(Headline: Razer refreshes its Blade gaming laptops with NVIDIA Maxwell GPUs, multitouch support
    or in the text: "Like the standard Blade, the 17-inch model has been outfitted one of NVIDIA's new Maxwell GPUs, specifically the GTX 860M (2GB GDDR5)"

In addition to that i read similar information or rumors about the 870m being maxwell on a swiss website several weeks ago, too.

In one of Linus Techtips videos (from 1:18:30) he also mentioned the possiblity (or hope or whatsoever) that the Blade's 870m could be Maxwell.

So there definitely were a few rumors and (as we know now obviously wrong) information about the 870m being maxwell ;)
    After all, we still have no 870m maxwell, which is quite sad, as the slim gamer notebooks would greatly benefit from it's better power efficiency...

6. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Fair enough. I meant 'nobody in this thread', as you seemed to assume that he was only talking about the 14" Blade when he brought the refresh up.

7. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I thought NVIDIA hasn't made a Maxwell version for anything past 860M.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

8. chris_laptopfan

Reputations:
    Then that was a simple misunderstandig.
    I thought the 870m of the blade 14 was Kepler as well as in every other notebook with this gpu, but when Frugoo came up with his post i thought there were some great top news, which i didn't know already and in the end possibly indicating the blade's 870m being maxwell after all or getting a maxwell refresh in Q3 or Q4 with a maxwell 870m(x).

But unfortunately it's not and so there's still no slim gamer with 870m AND acceptable temps appearing on the horizon...

Would have loved to see the GS60, 70, Blade and P35W just a tiny bit thicker but therefore with lower temps and more headroom...
    Don't know why they are designing so extremely close to the thermal borders now and hate the trend for slimmer and slimmer notebooks.
    Just stay at a normal slim level, not super paper slim, and therefore get high end specs without overheating hardware... :rolleyes:

9. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not yet, the 870M version will be here sometimes next week.

I'll do a comparison video next week once we receive the shipment with GTX870M. Haven't got much time to play with P35G yet but I think it runs pretty silent on 3DMark 11, I can test it again tonight with sound level meter.

R3d and chris_laptopfan like this.
  10. chris_laptopfan

Reputations:
    Quite excited and looking forward to your video review and measures. Thanks very much, Ken. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.