***Gigabyte P34W v3 "Phantasus" owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by TheNightWolf, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Reputations:
    @asm1 could you please kindly compare the height of an adapter with m.2 card installed to a regular mini pcie card? considering this as well, but not sure I have enough clearance.

2. asm1

asm1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you look at my picture again, the height of the PCIE card comes to the first set of holes, you can see a corresponding hole on the right, underneath, where a washer/screw fastens and goes into the chassis. Unfortunately you cant do that with the adapter, as it is so long....

3. jalado

jalado Newbie

Reputations:
    i got this laptop to max out at 75C on both cpu and gpu. i left heaven on for 8 hours. settings were at ultra 900p and 2x aliasing. i set my cpu to 2.5ghz no turbo boost, through power options, processor power management, and set the maxiimum processor state to 96%. lowered the voltage by -50mv through xtu n. i changed the nvidia 3d settings power management mode to adaptive.it seems to have the best fan control. the gpu is overclocked 135mhz on the core and 195mhz on the memory. bottom case is all cut out and meshed it. ive also found the old smart manager version 4.4.7 and i can max out my fans now. i was able to hit constant low 60s on heaven now im curious how much this gpu will overclock. realistically its only good for benching as its just way too loud. heres the link http://www.driver4motherboard.com/2015/12/gigabyte-p34w-v3-windows-81-and-7-bit.html and im also using a cooler master x-slim targeting the heatsinks also forgot i repasted with arctic silver. i found out the main reason the cpu gets so hot. its because the fans are controlled by the gpu temps. overclock your gpu and find a balance.im at 2.8ghz, -50mv ,135mhz gpu, 324mhz memory. 76-77(cpu) 71(gpu) and if you game at 900p, less heat better performance

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  4. Nebulaz

Nebulaz Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a p34wv4 that I need heat sink screw/spring combo for. 6 if you have them. Let me know what you want me to pay you for them.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

5. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, after having the motherboard dying on my clevo W110er, I'm worried the same could happen on my P34Wv3. I've noticed that sometimes, when I turn it on, the laptop gets stuck in the Gigabyte logo, without launching windows. Pressing the power button and relaunching the laptop solves the issue, but...Should I get worried?

6. big5824

big5824 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anybody successfully reflashed the 970M's vbios to allow undervolting on this laptop?