Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xerloq

Xerloq Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you're going to ditch it, might as well try repasting it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

2. jsjazz

jsjazz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know where I can get replacement case parts for a P34G? The bezel is coming off the screen especially when opening and closing - hinges are attached to the front bezel which is separating from the back part.
    Gigabyte wont sell to individual customers. Official repair agent in UK quoted £450 + VAT for al the parts! Cant find anything on ebay.

If anyone has a dead P34G I might be able to move the innards from my machine into the case.

Or is there any generic laptop case I could use to transplant the innards into? Just seems a shame to waste otherwise functioning kit.

3. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes I reached that conclusion also, especially since the internal thermometers all show normal except the CPU which is >60 C at idle.

But two things:

1. I have never once gotten thermal paste right on my first try, despite having done it on many systems.

2. The fans never ramp up on their own anymore, so I suspect paste might not be the issue, just a sensor somewhere.

4. Glock24

Glock24 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello,

I was in the same situation as you, the back on the lid was separating from the bezel and could not find a replacement online.

In the end I got a clear flexible epoxy and repaired it. I separated the lid from the bezel completely, being careful as to not damage the LCD. The old adhesive was hard and brittle, I removed it with a knife and sand paper. Then I sanded both parts so the the new adhesive sticks well and cleaned them well. Applied the new adhesive, put both parts together and put something above the lid to make pressure. Let it cure overnight and it's now better than new.

Just be careful not to use too much adhesive, as it will come out of the borders when you apply pressure and it'll be really hard to clean afterwards.

ehou333 likes this.
  5. jsjazz

jsjazz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks- I'll try that. It was going to be my last resort- encouraging to know that someone has got it to work.

6. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here's a strange development.
    After further testing it seems my heat and Wi-Fi issues only occur when connected to a 5GHz 802.11n or 802.11ac network, not 2.4GHz 802.11n.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.