Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomsliwowski

tomsliwowski Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement fan? A couple of days ago the fan on the right side of the laptop started making a bad noise (like if the bearings were about to give out). I'd like to replace the fan if possible. If not I guess I'll be looking for a new laptop.

2. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow this place has sure become deserted! I guess most owners have moved on to other machines for daily use. I'm in the same boat soon, leaning towards the Alienware 13.

Anyway my P34 is starting to show some real age now. The webcam is totally dead (though I haven't opened up the bezel to check if it's just a connection issue - I doubt it) and I'm having more and more Wi-Fi issues (dropped connections, the device disappearing entirely till I reboot, etc).

Has anyone replaced the Wi-Fi card inside the P34? Has anyone seen similar issues?

3. Xerloq

Xerloq Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mines still going strong. I changed out my wifi, think I found a replacement on newegg.

As to the replacement, I'm going to move to a Dell XPS 13 or a HP Specter x360. I've set up a desktop gaming rig, and all I need my laptop for is productivity apps.

The P34g will live on as a gaming rig for the kids... Minecraft, etc.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

4. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. Xerloq

Reputations:
    The link goes to the Intel security advisory search page, at least on mobile. Can you give us a bit more information about what the vulnerability is?

In any case I highly doubt that gigabyte will released any kinds of updates. Could always submit a warranty claim comma if you're still under warranty.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

6. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's odd, here's the full link:
    https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00075&languageid=en-fr

More detail here:
    https://semiaccurate.com/2017/05/01/remote-security-exploit-2008-intel-platforms/

7. Xerloq

Reputations:
  8. Devesc

Devesc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Gentlemen,

I have a big big trouble. I have flashed the last bios for my p34gV2 and I have a black screen, no logo, no access to bios, not possibility to connect to any screen. Can you help me please ?

Thanks a lot

9. Xerloq

Reputations:
    It doesn't look good. You should prepare for the worst - that the flash went bad and you bricked it. That said, read though the BIOS mod thread to see if they have any recovery methods. I don't know if the P34 has a backup, but you might have success pulling the CMOS battery and wiping.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/index.php?threads/738723/

I'll keep an eye out but I don't have anything more right now.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Devesc likes this.
  10. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guess it's finally time to retire my P34G.
    It doesn't seem like there are any fan issues, but even idle or with light use the thing has been getting so hot it practically burns my fingertips. I've been needing to switch on Max Fan pretty regularly to cool it off.

Don't know what the problem could be. There's nothing obstructing airflow.

The Wi-Fi also drops the connection a few times a day, requiring a manual toggle or reboot. And the webcam is completely unrecognized/useless now. I suspect both of these are related to components being damaged by the heat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.