Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjlawless

mjlawless Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you all for this great lead. I was worried I may never get the graphics card working again, or GASP it was a hardware problem.

I found that the P34G V2 drivers did the trick, but specifically it looked like the REALTEK (or whatever) Audio drivers were the ones that finally moved my GTX 760M from "Code 43 error" to "Good To Go".

2. rushpunch

rushpunch Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there a better fan control method? It's still fairly noisy for me even using the stealth setting on Smart Manager.

3. Medical

Medical Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yikes- I would stay on them about that. 3 times is crazily unacceptable..I called every other day for the entirety of my RMA haha.

4. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone else still using the P34G v1 as a daily driver?

Been experiencing some Intel driver wonkiness again. System locking up when using QuickSync on large files in Handbrake - and it looks like the latest Windows 10 update reset from things in the Nvidia control panel (manually added apps for integrated/dedicated settings gone).

Right now my Intel video driver is 10.18.15.4274 but Smart Update shows the latest as 20.19.15.4300 - Intel's website and driver update utility list the update as 15.33.38.64.4252

More numbering/version weirdness. Still gunshy about touching this after my initial video woes in Windows 10.

Anyone have any advice?

edit: I've since updated to the x.4300 version from Smart Update. No problems so far - and it may be my imagination but it seems like the fans kick on less frequently. Maybe the older driver had some Optimus issues.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  5. Justin1017

Justin1017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm still using the V1.

I just recently started having this very odd issue... My Ethernet is having a lot of problems. It's either intermittent, very slow, or just refuses to work. Oddly enough, WiFi works completely fine... I tried using a different cable and swapped the ports on the router but it still didn't fix. Dunno what's wrong at this point.

6. Xerloq

Xerloq Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh, I did, though I didn't call every other day. It took a couple more RMAs, some botched repairs, and they finally replaced the machine with a v2.

7. volaxis

volaxis Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know how to get a fan replacement? I contacted gigabyte but because warranty is so overdue they said they wouldn't sell individual parts to customers. The right side fan sounds like the bearing is destroyed. I'm assuming the fan will be the same for v2 and maybe even v3?

8. Blunaigel

Blunaigel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can I use the Smart Update on Win7? On the Gigabyte-Support-Site I can't find a smart update utility download for the P34 (v1) for Win 7.
    Where do I get it from?

And my P34 (v1) is getting more and more bluescreens... :(
    What can be the reason for that?
    Are bluescreens more of a hardware or a software problem?

9. spicypixel

spicypixel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  10. Justin1017

Justin1017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did anything ever come of this? Mine started swelling so I was wondering if I should try and buy a new one.

I've also got an issue with the Mobo it seems. I took it to a guy and he said it's shorted / overheated in an area. Not sure what to do. Basically it turned off a couple days ago while I was using it and it won't turn back on. No lights show up either. He fixed the issue last year, but it might be a bit worse this time around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.